How good is White House?

turf_master_s2s

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the best thing about this White House football team is the ability to strike from several different angles. They have a pair of good tailbacks, who are young, a senior QB with a great deep ball, three senior receivers and a senior tight end, and a good offensive line.

Their numbers show a great ability to spread the ball around. I think it's no secret that Friday night wasn't the sharpest game of the year, but heck we may have just had a letdown after beating Greenbrier. But the key is, we still won the game. Friday night was the first time White House has not led significantly at halftime and actually had to battle the entire second half. The final scores are a bit misleading because we scored the most of our points before the break and then kind of cruised to the end this year. We haven't really run it up on anybody.

I know I'm biased, but I like what I see. It concerns me that we have given up some big yardage rushing, but that seemed to have gotten better Friday night.

White House will substitute liberally, especially in the 2nd half of games when we have been way ahead. Sometimes when you look at the box score and see my Blue Devils give up some rushing yardage, it is a little deceiving, because of the substitutions and reining in the offense a little.

Plus, we have faced two of the best backs in Middle Tennessee in the Maplewood and Greenbrier Backs.

I wouldn't say we have a superstar player, but a cohesive unit that plays extremely well together.

Offensively, we are pretty good. Well balanced and versitile.

Defensively, we have some players who run to the ball. We are developing depth. We are very disciplined and the kicking game has come around.

If we get beat in our region, it will take a good effort or we will have a breakdown that hasn't showed itself.