Truly the best teams in the State

DoubleJJ199

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale[/url'>' date='Oct 6 2004 - 02:42 PM']a sack in the end zone.  we have a hisrory of safeties versus dickson county

825370170[/snapback]

Interesting. It was just strange to see all these goose eggs, then a lapse in concentration like a safety...even the best make an error here and there. B)

As far as running the score up goes, that's silly. Ya'll are that talented all the way down to the 3rd and 4th stringers. That's why the coaches can't keep the score down. It's never the fault of the team scoring the points. It's always on the team that can't stop them from scoring... thumb

Where does Riverdale play this week? I'd like to see ya'll play and we have an open date Friday.

Thats exactly what I'm talking about. They been to 8 out of 11 and how many have they won, 3? Historically Riverdale has had a hard time finishing. Riverdale is a very good team, I'm not arguing that, but based on the past I personally can't put a lot of stock in them until after they win the big one.

To win the state championship in 5A you have to beat the best team.Riverdale has great coaches that can prepare them to beat any team in the state. But by the time you reach the 15th game of the season your not going to fool anybody. There are not upsets in the Blue cross bowl. Riverdale has lost the last two games to the best teams in the state. Last years team came out of no where and shocked a lot of people(L.C - Oak Ridge). If you can be in the top two 8 out of 11 years then thats pretty good.

The cream usually rises. If you read from one end to the other you'll see, Riverdale, Maryville, MBA, Melrose, Alcoa. Just like I listed previously.

I think playing that CPA game again might be a decent game now that they've had time to gel. Their the only team to really test Riverdale, it appears. A lot of that might be that Riverdale hadn't completely gelled either at that time....who knows.

Edited by dmoyers1

DII-AA Knox Catholic or Webb

That would make every champion in East TN, except DII-A and I really don't know the contenders. Could be a great season for the East.

825367215[/snapback]

webb... come on now snapback... they are doing better this year i'll admit that but knox catholic is undefeated and webb isnt.... lets base that on stats ok catholic is number one in DII-AA so sorry boys

I do agree that Riverdale is hands down the best in 5A. But they aren't what the Riverdale fans are making them out to be. These guys are making it seems like you are playing the Oklahoma Sooners when you are really playing Riverdale. How does anyone on here know that Oak Ridge, DB, Maryville, Melrose, or even Heritage couldn't beat Riverdale? Anything can happen in a HS football game.

I do agree that Riverdale is hands down the best in 5A.  But they aren't what the Riverdale fans are making them out to be.  These guys are making it seems like you are playing the Oklahoma Sooners when you are really playing Riverdale.  How does anyone on here know that Oak Ridge, DB, Maryville, Melrose, or even Heritage couldn't beat Riverdale? Anything can happen in a HS football game.

825371752[/snapback]

Not anything. You won't see any home runs or slam dunks.