Truly the best teams in the State

DoubleJJ199

I am sick and tired of only hearing about Middle TN football teams. There are some good teams up there but not all the dang teams up there are good. All the undefeated teams up there shows how weak most of the teams in the regions are. Look down here in memphis there is only one defeated team, Melrose.

Melrose will take the 4A crown. Now look at MUS another good team who will be in the running and also Briarcrest. Houston and Bolton are still two teams down here to be reckoned with. Houston is the top 5A football team in Shelby Metro coming off a huge win over Germantown friday night. We arent getting any respect down here but lets not forget that West TN took the 5A crown last year. This year i think two or 3 teams will bring it back to the West. Now i have to give to Riverdale but i refuse to give it anyone else. Gallatin and Antioch are two extremely overrated teams. Collierville one of our mediocre teams down here in this area lost to Gallatin by a Bullsh$t face mask call on the quarterback who stiff armed on their players to the dirt. OVERRATED MIDDLE TN.UNDERRated WEST TN

GIVE SOME FEEDBACK

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody is overrated, its MELROSE!!! You guys say your good every year, and every year you get taken out of it. I know plenty of teams that could prob hang with you guys. So when you start showing us something then talk smack. You better give Riverdale some credit because they are one of the best in TN, but we will see if your in the Boro playing with my Maryville boys.

Riverdale,Dobyns Bennett,Oak Ridge,Ooltawah and Franklin are your best 5A teams.

Maryville,Knox Central,Melrose,Stratford and White House are your best 4A teams.Tennessee High is your sleeper team.

AE,Greenbrier,Fulton,Crockett County are your better 3A teams

Huntington,Milan,Lipscomb,Goodpasture and Alcoa are your best 2A teams.

DCA,CPA and Boyd are your best 1A teams. Coalfield is another strong 1A team.

Every Super 7 team is strong.

Edited by REBELRON

Good point Flashy.

I hope all 3 of those teams are #1 after December. It sure would be nice.

Alcoa will roll until they meet Goodpasture or Lipscomb. Alcoa will be much tougher for those teams to beat this year. Alcoa has a great shot of winning it all this year. Next year there will be no doubt. Alcoa will kill everyone in 2A next year.Alcoa loses only 2 seniors.

AE is head and shoulders above everyone in 3A in East Tennessee. Fulton is not as good as they have been. They are like Alcoa and have very few seniors. AC is not as good as they have been. AE will not be challenged until they go to Murfreesboro. AE will be at the championship game this year.

Tennessee High will be a sleeper in 4A this year. I believe Knox Central or Maryville will be in Murfreesboro this year. No one else in East Tennessee in 4A can beat Maryville and Central.

Riverdale is a very good team but every year they seem to fail to win big games in the playoffs. I am not convinced that they have this season wrapped up. DB, Oak Ridge, Antioch, Gallitan, Franklin, and several others have more than legitmate chances. At this point it is way to early in the season to start claiming that anyone is the best.

825366169[/snapback]

What in the world are you talking about? They have played in the state championship game 8 of the past 11 years. How do you get there without winning big games?

Some of those years they beat teams that were probably better, but did not have the desire. DB in 2002 comes to mind. Lincoln County was ranked #1 in the state until Riverdale beat them at the Pit. The Warriors then traveled to Oak Ridge and won again. When a team consistently finishes #1 or #2 every year, how can you say they don't win big games? That is crazy talk.

What in the world are you talking about?  They have played in the state championship game 8 of the past 11 years.  How do you get there without winning big games?

Some of those years they beat teams that were probably better, but did not have the desire.  DB in 2002 comes to mind.  Lincoln County was ranked #1 in the state until Riverdale beat them at the Pit.  The Warriors then traveled to Oak Ridge and won again.  When a team consistently finishes #1 or #2 every year, how can you say they don't win big games?  That is crazy talk.

825366175[/snapback]

Thats exactly what I'm talking about. They been to 8 out of 11 and how many have they won, 3? Historically Riverdale has had a hard time finishing. Riverdale is a very good team, I'm not arguing that, but based on the past I personally can't put a lot of stock in them until after they win the big one.