Gallatin at McGavock

wavemachine

My deal with the OC and McGavock in general is that they are not as bad as in year's past and Gallatin should know that-which a few posters have made reference to in earlier posts. Having a guy with enthusiasm and the work ethic that he has will only be good for McGavock. What's your deal with him? All you have done is criticize! The kids at McGavock finally have a good shot at turning the program around because of the coaches. By the way, I feel the same way about Broome as I do the OC and Coach Greene (the DC) is good too! I am not conceding victory but am a realist. The McGavock sophomore qb may put it on the ground and Gallatin will take advantage of that. Gallatin also has more talent all around. But as FelizNavidad points out-you gotta be ready to play every week!

And yes, I do love MBA!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I stated earlier, all you none players are definitely going to be the Greenwave's downfall.  This game must be and will be settled on the field.  All you Gallatin fans talking about you hope that no one does anything bad, you are fooling yourself and everybody who reads this thread knows how rowdy and undiscipline Gallatin fans can be and if the game does not go their way the players will begin to take cheap shots and play dirty.  I'm sure somebody from G-Town will try and pull an Antioch trick tonight.

825371134[/snapback]

Dicipline, you want to talk about dicipline! Please tell me you are not from McGavock and you want to accuse Gallatin of being undiciplined. Unlike some teams, Gallatin wins games fair and square. We have no need for "cheap shots". Gallatin's team and community is built around integrety and class. By the way, If some idiot pulled something like Antioch did, I think I speak for us all when I say that I would be ashamed to claim him as a Green Wave Fan!

As I stated earlier, all you none players are definitely going to be the Greenwave's downfall.  This game must be and will be settled on the field.  All you Gallatin fans talking about you hope that no one does anything bad, you are fooling yourself and everybody who reads this thread knows how rowdy and undiscipline Gallatin fans can be and if the game does not go their way the players will begin to take cheap shots and play dirty.  I'm sure somebody from G-Town will try and pull an Antioch trick tonight.

825371134[/snapback]

First let me say that I am a nonplayer. However I support The Gallatin Green Wave with my attendance and money. I come on here and generally talk football. How I become the downfall to Gallatin is ridiculous. Second, most games go our way so we don't have to result in "cheap shots or playing dirty". (check our tradition) Third, I do not know anybody and I mean a-n-y-b-o-d-y from Gallatin who would waste their money on buying spray paint for your stadium. However, mcgavock has already proven otherwise, I remember 92'. Just who are you kidding....metro has always been known for their sportsmanship :lol: .

So feliz.....we the thousands of fans and one well oiled Green Wave squad have a little present for you come tommorrow night. Merry Christmas to you too. thumb

I know how rich Gallatin's tradition is and you are right they haven't had to resort to those type of tactics because they do win the majority of their ball games.  So with that in mind; I'm sure they can win with class, but do they know how to lose with class.  :rolleyes:

825371916[/snapback]

Last season Gallatin played host to Hunter's Lane for their last home game of the season. Gallatin was outplayed in that game. When they fell behind , they didn't resort to playing dirty. And when the game was over, they had to stand by and watch HL trample and spit on their mid field G. They just stood by and watched, now that is losing with class, feliz!

Two years ago at Hunters Lane Gallatin played there for HL's senior night. Evidently they have a tradition of making a final lap around the track in front of the crowd. Gallatin's fans gave these kids a standing ovation prompting some to make a second lap around to the visitor's side. Why, because the home side probably didn't even have enough fans to have one parent for each player and cheerleader. That is the kind of class Gallatin has. I wish a Hunters Lane student that happened to be there that night would log on and verify my story. Gtowner is right about our fans and team watching as Hunter's Lane spit on and jumped up and down on our G. Some of the players were understandable upset but we have more class than that. I am sure the same will be the case at McGavock tonight.

Not a Hunters Lane student, but I was at that game, up in the press box. I remember seeing that happen. Dont remember the second time around, but a good ovation from the Gallatin side. Hunters Lanes' fans did give a good applause as well. I wish I could see video of this "spitting" on the Gallatin G. Ive heard many different stories and I want to see if for myself. :unsure:

It wasn't a pretty sight. Some of the football dad's got pretty upset. Cooler heads prevailed. The coaches and a couple of Sumner County sheriff's deputies actually made a wall and kinda let them do their dance and it was over. Beating us bad while we were down was hard enough to take but that was rough. As a graduate of Gallatin and now a parent I'll say that HL went a little too far.

Though McGavock played an outstanding game of football, Gallatin handed the game over on a silver platter. Four fumbles in the first half just doesn't win football games. I was disappointed in the way Gallatin played tonight on both sides of the ball. They did not look like the team that beat #3 Antioch last week. This is going to make the region very interesting now.