DB-jv at Elizabethton-jv

TellTheTruth2004

What a game. Some heavy hitting, then you would sit back and watch them help each other up and pat each other on the back. Either team could have won, but Betsy pulled it out in OT, 24-21 on a field goal after stopping DB on a goal-line stand. Wow! Both teams were awesome and you won't find DB getting beat by any locals very often. My hats off to them as well as the Cyclones.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game by both teams. Cyclones have the makings of a great passing attack in the future and DB's QB made some outstanding plays under a lot of pressure. It looked like a fun game for all the players, and JV Indians, keep your heads up. These are the kind of games that only make you better - we're proud of the effort and the good sportsmanship.

To you Cyclone fans - if your not making these JV games, you're missng a fine team. Best of luck to you the rest of the season. And by the way, your coach's message to all the boys after the game - well said and pure class.

Roll Tribe!

This was a classic. I cant take much more of these kinda games. D.B. is a class program and class team. Extremely hard hitting and hard fought game neither team came to lose, just great football. Like chomp said if you are not coming and watching either of these teams play you are missing some great football.

Betsy fought their hearts out tonite, and D.B. fought with pride and guts. It was just a great game either would not give in. The Betsy players said the D.B. kids were nothing but class on the field. As someone said games like this only make you better, both teams.

Thanks for an incredible evening. I could not think of a better way to spend an early fall evening than how I did tonite. THANKS TO BOTH TEAMS ALL THE PLAYERS AND COACHES.

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by hulk77

This game just goes to show where the cyclone talent level rises. Its in the sophomore class. As a matter of fact, the entire cyclone sophomore class is loaded. Football talent spoke for itself last night, beating undefeated DB. I dare say the varsity wouldnt fare quite as well against DB. The varsity still plays DB this year doesnt it? ......Oh good, its Daniel Boone, whew. EHS vs Dobyns Bennett varsity would be ugly. JV wasnt though. Cyclones prevailed in a great game. This same group also excels at basketball and baseball, and the junior class has some good talent as well, particularly in basketball with Nave, Henson and Atkinson, and the coaches son. The sophomore girls class is deep and talented on both the basketball and softball teams. Many played prominent roles as freshmen on varsity. I expect more than one of these units to make the State tournament before they are done.

Coach Pless needs to give this youth movement some more minutes on varsity this year!! I know many of these kids are playing in varsity games but perhaps they should be playing more, especially at a couple of positions and we all those which those are!!

Edited by TheIceMan

WOW WHAT A GAME.THESE WERE TWO CLASS PROGRAMS GOING TOE TO TOE.BOTH QB'S ARE BEST IN AREA,DB'S KID QUALITY KID ,PLAYED AGAINST HIS DAD,GREAT GUY.EHS SOPH CLASS HAS A CHANCE TO BE SPECIAL NEXY COUPLE OF YEARS.GREAT JOB SMITH HITTING RECEIVERS,GOOD JOB #11 HUGE EFFORT. O LINE ,D LINE EVERY KID ON FIELD .THANKS FOR A GREAT GAME.