Best Team

Parkdog3412

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Gee Baron....I seem to have forgotten......could you just remind me??????? :ph34r: Remember I am an old man with failing memory...............let's see seems like they were black and gold......

Shaggy.......knew you wouldn't miss a chance to throw a dig down on my boys....but seems like WE are the school with the gold balls ( 2 and 2 runner-up's!!)

WHO WERE SOME STANDOUT PLAYERS FROM THAT

87 JEFF COUNTY TEAM

825370314[/snapback]

The star was Todd Collins, who was the nation's defensive player of the year in 1987 (pretty sure he was got this award from USA Today). That team had an unbelievable amount of players who went on to play college ball. Maybe some of the of the older Jeff Co fans can help with the some names. I cant think of many.... Quarles, Cagle, Mattison, Hance, Ensley.

93 Cleveland team was the best I have seen.

What was so great about those Cleveland teams is they were in Maryville's region in 93-94. The region had teams like Maryville,Powell,Anderson County,Clinton,Halls and Knox West. Halls and Clinton were strong teams then. Powell had Matt Lowe back then. Anderson County was very good. Maryville wasn't bad but they weren't as strong as they are now. That region was tough. Cleveland went through that region like Sherman going through Atlanta. They destroyed every team in that region. I think the closest game was like 35-3.

The 93 team had a good quarterback in Cory Prigmore. He could run the ball and throw the ball. The offensive line was big and strong. I will never forget their left tackle was walking off the field. The guy had a grown beard. He was 280lbs and looked like a grown man. Cleveland had a tight end that was 6'5 240lbs. The Cleveland backfield was the fastest I ever seen. The Cobb twins and Dante Hickey. Hickey was a sunday player.

Defense was very fast.

Seeing those players walk off the field you could see some real specimens. Great athletes on that team.

Edited by REBELRON

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• What you are saying is true about high school athletics being a privilege and not a right, but NO ONE ever knows what will happen if a case goes before a jury.  Again, I have been in a couple of jury rooms and it's always a little crazy.  That is why my prediction is you will see a settlement before the case goes to trial.
    • What rules does everyone not operate by?
    • So you want a have and have not split? Sound like the perfect ramp to elitism. Tell those rural kids that they'll never be able to compete with those urban kids. They're not good enough right? Or we could just do what travel baseball does and have tournaments every weekend and give kids big fake rings for winning a few games. The suburban public schools are typically the ones with more funds. Urban and rural schools have more in common in finances than they do with rural schools. I've taught and coached in all of it. The difference is attitude. But if you're jsut going to say you can't compete because you don't have the money then that's an excuse. Especially in basketball. The balls are the same size, the rims are the same height and size. The ball dribbles the same in some rural gym in mountains as it does in the FedEx forum. Charters come and go like a fart in the wind. They are no real threat to anyone. Magnets could be but rarely do they win either. It just hasn't been seen in Tennessee.  
    • That’s a good line. Wins would be Soddy, Howard, and Ooltewah. Maybe East Ham again or Knox Central. Tyner maybe but being that late in the year it’s hard to say. I don’t think we get by Red Bank this year.    Rhea could be anywhere from 2-8 to 6-4. 
    • I agree with the Farragut and Bradley claim. Those will both be wins. Bearden like you say is depending on when you get them in comparison to when the wheels fall off.  As far as West goes I’m 50-50. They have been able to reload so far so until they show me they haven’t I can’t count them out.