Friday Night Lights

secretasianman

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DID LIKE THE SHOW PLAYMAKERS THOUGH

825371633[/snapback]

That show was a joke. Had there been a season two I could just imagine how absurd it could have become..... ......

" ESPN announced today former baseball great Pete Rose will sign on for season 2 of Playmakers to portray the loveable but misunderstood team owner who battles a drinking problem, a bitter divorce, a lawuit for income tax evasion ,a daughter dating both the star running back and starting QB at the same time, all while attempting pay off his debts to the Coreleone family."

Thank goodness that "show" is done.

Best sports films of all time: Hoosiers, Remember the Titans, Rudy, Major League, Field of Dreams, and Miracle.

As a kid, I also thougt Angels in the Outfield was a good movie....though not a classic by any stretch.

Edited by Pantherbert

That show was a joke. Had there been a season two I could just imagine how absurd he could have become..... ......

" ESPN announced today former baseball great Pete Rose will sign on for season 2 of Playmakers to portray the loveable but misunderstood team owner who battles a drinking problem, a bitter divorce, a lawuit for income tax evasion ,a daughter dating both the star running back and starting QB at the same time, all while attempting pay off his debts to the Coreleone family."

Thank goodness that "show" is done

GOL WHO ARE U THE TV/MOVIE GOD

I BET UR SOME FAT MAN

U ATTACKED ME LIKE I STOLE UR LAST

CONE OF ICE CREAM OR SOMETHING

That show was a joke. Had there been a season two I could just imagine how absurd he could have become..... ......

" ESPN announced today former baseball great Pete Rose will sign on for season 2 of Playmakers to portray the loveable but misunderstood team owner who battles a drinking problem, a bitter divorce, a lawuit for  income tax evasion ,a daughter dating both the star running back and starting QB at the same time, all while attempting pay off his debts to the Coreleone family."

Thank goodness that "show" is done.

Best sports films of all time: Hoosiers, Remember the Titans, Rudy, Major League, Field of Dreams, and Miracle.

As a kid, I  also thougt Angels in the Outfield was a good movie....though not a classic by any stretch.

825371672[/snapback]

Good thing Pegasus destroyed you. Playmakers is the best show/movie to ever be on ESPN. The Junction Boys was the worst movie ESPN has had dlu07.

And PEgasus is probably right about what he wrote about you.

There's been a lot of great movies mentioned on this thread!

I proposed to my wife right after the origianl Brian's Song and she picked the musical score for our wedding. That's my most memorable one, and I still laugh when I think about the team giving him a gameball in the hospital and Brian Piccolo lamenting,"When you play a game for someone, you're supposed to win it!" :lol:

Check out a family series movie called "Hometown Hero." It won't win any academy awards, but it's a good movie.

For baseball movies, my favorites are The Natural and The Sandlot.

Hollywood needs to put out more good sports movies - can't wait to see Friday Night Lights!

Roll Tribe!