Friday Night Lights

secretasianman

Actually, I got a chance to see it early. The only problem I saw with it was that it was set in 1988 and everyone was decked out in under armour  :D . Good movie, and the person portaying Booby Miles does an excellent job.

825369244[/snapback]

Were they shouting "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUUUSSEE!!!!!"?? LOL ;)

I am curious to see how good Tim McGraw is in the movie, also?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible book. I remember reading about Dallas Carters Jesse Armstead in Street & Smith's as a senior then seeing him when I'd go watch the NY GIANTS. (I was class of 1988) I hope the flick is 1/2 as good as the book. BTW...for any sociology or contemporary issues teachers out there, "Friday Night Lights" book is a great read for the classroom (race, economics, education, relationships, etc.)

Guest region4fan

I am anxious to read and see this movie. I am waiting to read it AFTER I see the movie. I also loved Bleachers . I wish they would make that one into a movie too.

Guest region4fan

"You've got to be a football hero to get along with the beautiful girls......." loved those cheerleaders.......................

I had never heard those "you ugly" cheers til i saw that movie. Remember the secretary's beehive hair? Wasn't that bernadette Peters?/

Gotta agree with Tony Montana. Hoosiers (basketball) is the greatest sports movie of all times, but since the original topic of the thread was greatest football movie of all time, I gotta go with Remember the Titans, just by the nose of the ball though over Radio and Brian's Song.

Baseball---gotta be Field of Dreams and The Sandlot for me!

---rSquared

Guest region4fan

Isn't it weird...I haven't seen that movie since, well about 15 yrs, and all the words are coming back to me............remember that Lurch guy........ kept wanting him to say "you rang"

friday night lights might be the best book i have ever read. i had the privledge to meet its author and have dinner with him last year. just listening to him answering my questions about the experience blew me away. his description of that town basically destroyed it. i think it's one of the most vivid examples of honest journalism ever. i can't wait to see the movie although i have my doubts it can match the emotional intensity of the book. check out last week's sports illustrated which has an article written by buzz bissinger(the author) and is pretty moving itself.