Friday Night Lights

secretasianman

I had to read the Book in my History of Sport class at UT in the mid 90s. One of the best sports books I have ever read...Cant wait to see the movie. Just hope it does the book justice!

I also remember that at the end of the book, they briefly mention Permian/Odessa losing to Dallas Carter in the State finals and the fact that many of the players from the Dallas Carter team (i.e. LB Micheal Barrows) were involved in recruiting scandals...it seems like the book implied UT and Fulmer to some extent. I will see if I can find the book and give the details, if anyone is interested.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

I loved that one, Wildcats. That Goldie is pretty cute. Wasn't Woody harrelson and wesley Snipes in it? I loved where the big fat guy put the money at the end.....in his jock. Pretty funny.

There is no way i could pick a greatest, i have enjoyed just about every football movie i have ever seen! For the record, i thought ESPN did a great job with The Junction Boys! I personally own The Program and have watched it several times! I could rattle on and on about the best, but i cant pick one best movie!

I just got home from seeing "Friday Night Lights". It is a very good movie. Don't expect the movie to be just like the book. Lots of liberties were taken, but they seem to work to make for a good movie. If you have read the book you can fill in some the lacking character development.

If you ever played high school football at a high level, as a winner or as a loser, you will love this movie. It really touches on the expectations, the priviledges, and the pain and suffering (and joy) that goes along with playing at that level. The movie is more about people than football. But lots of good football.

It was strange to go into a theater on a Friday afternoon and see 8-10 grown men alone and loving a movie. Definately go see it.

I also just got back from seeing Friday Night Lights. I have never read the book, but the movie was great.

High School teams should all go together and watch this movie. It is diffently more about life then football.

Also the screening I saw there was 9 grown men alone watching the movie, and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Also got to give credit to Tim Mcgraw, he did a great job in the movie!

Edited by Smoke20Scion

I just got home from seeing "Friday Night Lights". It is a very good movie. Don't expect the movie to be just like the book. Lots of liberties were taken, but they seem to work to make for a good movie. If you have read the book you can fill in some the lacking character development.

If you ever played high school football at a high level, as a winner or as a loser, you will love this movie. It really touches on the expectations, the priviledges, and the pain and suffering (and joy) that goes along with playing at that level. The movie is more about people than football. But lots of good football.

It was strange to go into a theater on a Friday afternoon and see 8-10 grown men alone and loving a movie. Definately go see it.

825372817[/snapback]

There is an interesting article on ESPN page 2 detailing some of the differences in the "reel life" and "real life". Interesting to me was the last play was actually a pass broken up by current NFL player Jessee Armsted--also this was in semi finals/not the championship game.

Yea I just got back from watchin FNL. That movie is off tha chain. Tha hits were vicious. It was a real good movie at times it was very emotional like when Boobie was in tha car with his uncle after he hurt his knee that had my eyes waterin a lil bit. The only bad things about the movie was all of the "scenes" in the very beginning and all the anachronisms. The movie was set in 1988 but I saw a 2003 dodge durango in the parking lot once and one of the QBs had the new facemask on his helmet that just came out like 2 years ago but overall it was a great movie to me it was better than rudy and the program and remember the titans. yea i said it it was better than remember the titans!!!!