Friday Night Lights

secretasianman

Actually went to see this with the coach that I am working for down here in Texas and Coach Gaines himself. It was grossly inaccurate but it was the 5th time that Coach Gaines had seen it. The coach that I work for here in Texas used to work under Gaines and they are good friends. Gaines really likes it but wished it had been more accurate.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home after seeing this movie. I won't go as far to say it is better than Remember the Titans, However, It is a VERY good movie. I would pay to see it again!

Hated the ending in one aspect, loved it in another. Billy Bob Thorton and Tim McGraw were GREAT in this movie. The halftime speech was awesome and I found myself crying :lol: Imagine that! LOL

But seriously, this is good stuff people. GO SEE IT thumb

1. They lost to Dallas Carter in the semi's not the finals.

2. The teams they played in the playoff's were not the teams they played. Dallas Jesuit which they played in the first round of the movie did not even play in UIL until this year.

3. Billingsley's dad was not that outrageous.

4. On the coin flip it should have been Permian, Midland High, and Midland Lee. Not Abilene Cooper.

5. Gaines had better control than it showed of his practice.

6. Boobie Miles hurt his knee in a pre-season game not the first game of the season.

7. Miles also quit the team and never came back like to see the playoffs like he did in the movie. He listened to all the games on the radio.

Those are just to name a few.

Rudy and Remember the titans are great movies!

If anyone has seen The Longest Yard with Burt Reynolds, they are making a new version of it.

825369073[/snapback]

Longest yard is good movie and I didn't know that they were making a new one. Do u know when it is coming out by any chance?

I know two of the boys who played on the Dallas Carter team and they did have a huge team. This football program like many in Texas has a huge budget and there is enormous pressure to win every year. Nothing short of going deep in the playoffs is considered acceptable to the people of these big 5A Texas programs!

825373661[/snapback]

Several years ago, I was visiting family in Pasedena, Texas. My uncle was a good friend of the City Schools AD and he took me for a tour of the city stadium. It looked like a college facility and probably seated 15,000 plus.

The AD told me that many of the best coaches in Texas were at the junior high level. When I asked why, he said it was because of the enormous pressure to win. When many of the talented coaches get to the point in life where they want stability for their family, they find a good junior high job and settle into it.

If they don't win at the high school level year in and year out, they get fired. Wives tire of the constant moving, so if the coach wants to keep his family together and keep his kids from changing schools every 2-3 years, junior high coaching is his best bet to continue coaching and keep the family happy.

If that is truely reality there, it is a sad commentary on society.

1. They lost to Dallas Carter in the semi's not the finals.

2. The teams they played in the playoff's were not the teams they played. Dallas Jesuit which they played in the first round of the movie did not even play in UIL until this year.

3. Billingsley's dad was not that outrageous.

4. On the coin flip it should have been Permian, Midland High, and Midland Lee. Not Abilene Cooper.

5. Gaines had better control than it showed of his practice.

6. Boobie Miles hurt his knee in a pre-season game not the first game of the season.

7. Miles also quit the team and never came back like to see the playoffs like he did in the movie. He listened to all the games on the radio.

Those are just to name a few.

825376146[/snapback]

I hope you didn't just ruin it for the rest of the people who haven't seen it like me?

Just went and saw this movie.......and loved it. I thought it was realistic in some ways but i still loved it. things i didnt like was the sportsmanship of that Carter team. If this is really the way they have sportmanshipo and that was the way they played, then something needs to be done. I wonder if their behavior was actually tha way they behaved, or if it was just hollywood?