Ooltewah vs. Soddy Daisy

simonzander71

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Well Well, I haven't been able to say that about a game in along time, but I think it is safe to say it this game. Game Break Down: Much Like Grads. ( We both seem to have great minds and think alike). This is an unbiased opinion as well.

Quarterbacks: Gary Orr maybe be better simply due to the fact that he has been able to throw the football more. Yet, never underesimate the throwing power of Zach Woods becasue Central did and look where it got them. Yet, Gary Orr will be able to throw the ball often and more. Advantage: Soddy Daisy

Running Backs:Soddy might have a good back in Momo Colbert, but nothing like DeWayne Caldwell of Ooltewah. I have seen many running backs this year and he has to be one of, if not the best I have seen. Ooltewah needs to run the ball around the ends, and try to keep Caldwell away from the tackles though. Advantage: Ooltewah

Wide Recivers:Gary Orr and Chris Ricketts have been a coach's dream all year. They have connected big in every game. It is important that they are able to keep the connection alive this game to assure a victory. Woods has some packages of his own in Lansden and Lowe, but they just aren't as big play as Rickets and Orr. Advantage: Soddy Daisy

Lines: Soddy Daisy and Ooltewah both have the biggest lines in the City, but the battle at this position could decide the game. Soddy is a little bigger, but I believe that Ooltewah's line has more skill and their talented fullback helps his running back spring the bring runs. This position is probably the best match-up and deciding factor. Advantage: Ooltewah

Linebackers:If not for the line, this would be the best match-up of the night. Ooltewah's core led by Burke and McDade have been the dominant force of the Owls defense. Yet, Bivens and the Daisy core of linebackers have been the team leaders all year. It is a toss-up at this position to who the advantage goes to here but Advantage: Soddy Daisy

Secondary:Soddy Daisy has a solid secondary that can step up and make tackles on the run as well as defend the pass if needed. They slowed down Rhea County's passing attack tremendously. Ooltewah's secondary has been their doubt all year, they are the key to the game for Ooltewah. If they let Gary Orr throw on them then the show might be over early. Advantage: Soddy Daisy

Coaching:Not a better match-up all year of coaches. Too fine coaches are Gatewood and Weathers. Weathers with all the experience under his belt, and has been in these big game situations before, this one might be his biggest besides the State Championship game at Red Bank. Gatewood has turned this Ooltewah program around. Ooltewah was once the laughing stock of the city, and now one of the most respected teams in Southeast Tennessee. Because of experience Advantage: Soddy Daisy

The unmentioned factor of the game: Homefield Advantage: Ooltewah at The Nest

I will lay out my prediction in the middle of the week along with the rest of my picks on the Chattanooga Area games.

thumb thumb 's Up!!

Edited by InDepthInsider

Wow, I feel honored that Defend56 and I are the topic of conversation.

The only “Negative” thing I have said about Ooltewah is that if you take the Caldewell kid out, it’s a different team. That’s my opinion and it is still my opinion.

It’s funny how that one sentence has ticked ya’ll off but I never said a word about Grads “you definitely graduated from Soddy didn't you?” quote. An obvious jab at my education.

You can say what you want but I still have no respect for you. Your team is now just as cocky and arrogant as you guys. Caldwell said in the paper “No one can beat us.”

See you Friday....

Edited by Knoxsoddyboy

Wow, I feel honored that Defend56 and I are the topic of conversation.

The only “Negative” thing I have said about Ooltewah is that if you take the Caldewell kid out, it’s a different team. That’s my opinion and it is still my opinion.

It’s funny how that one sentence has ticked ya’ll off but I never said a word about Grads “you definitely graduated from Soddy didn't you?” quote. An obvious jab at my education.

You can say what you want but I still have no respect for you. Your team is now just as cocky and arrogant as you guys. Caldwell said in the paper “No one can beat us.”

See you Friday....

825377647[/snapback]

There is a big difference between confidence and being cocky! GO OWLS! :(

To my knowledge Soddy has one of the best schools in the area. Back to football. If you think that if orr gets taken out that we have nothing on offense. You're mistaken mate. No doubt orr is very very good. But hes not the offense. Have you ever seen ricketts play QB. Nope sure haven't. He's not Orr but he can do pretty good. And the difference between our defensive line and ooltewahs is our line has quite a bit of tackles. I've seen film and ooltewahs d-line is not aggressive. They hold up your o-line so the backers can make plays. Theres nothing wrong with that but if u meet a big back in the hole thats 3 or 4 yards u give up.

I think it is funny to listen to yall fight over all this. We can talk all we want to on this site about who has the advantage here and there but what is comes down to is who shows up and plays. I think which ever defense can step up the most is going to be the most determining factor. If soddy can throw the ball i think they will take a close game. My final prediction is going to be.......

Trojans...38

Owls......35

In OT..

Good luck to both teams!

This game will be one of the biggest games in Chattanooga recent history both teams have a great solid offenses that can score at will, both have a great strong stubborn defenses that demoralizes others. This game will come down to who has the least mistakes and who wants it more. For Soddy Daisy the key is shutting down the rush. For Ooltewah the key is pressure and penetration of the offensive line and not to give up the long ball.

I noticed that against McMinn County Soddy Daisy worked on their running game a lot more than in previous games this tells me two things.

1. Weathers know he will have to establish the run on Ooltewah’s fast Defense to subdue the Ooltewah linebackers to give his quarterback some time to make the play. (This sets up the play action)

2. Weathers did not want Ooltewah to know the type of routs he runs along with the personnel that will run them. (Ooltewah will face a different formation this week and or play selections)

The BIG Key is to set the tone early both teams know this is a big game. Players must keep their composure because tempers will flare in this one. Both teams need to hold down penalties because there has always been so many of them when these two teams meet that is an historical fact. Do not turn the ball over.

Soddy Daisy knows how to win but do they know how it feels to lose?

Ooltewah knows how to win and how that got here hard work and determination and a family relationship between each player and coach. Ooltewah knows all about a loss and how bad it feels when you give it your all and that it was not enough and they know how good it feels when they excel to the next level. Ooltewah has character and I and all who support you respect what you have done and always will. You’re a part of a huge family and your teammates and the rest of the family will always be by your side. If you believe all your dreams may and will come true. Win this one for all of those who gave it their all and came up short.

Go Owls and may the Journey continue.