Best Running Backs in the West..who are they?

tamirrt

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Starks- RB- Brighton- Junior

325 yards rushing  4 TDs last week vs. Dyer Co.

941 yards 11 TDs thru 6 games.

825371049[/snapback]

i could not agree more. as a former lineman in front of tim, i can say first hand that the kid is special. he has been plauged by injuries his first two years, but now that hes healthy, watch out! over 900 yrds thru 6 and 11 tds. top five all metro. i look foward to watching him shine over humbolt this fri.

LET'S GO PEAY!!

Boo Weathers (Huntingdon) is the best.  I don't know his season total right off hand, but I do know that they have to be some ridiculous numbers.

825371067[/snapback]

Have u seen him play yet CBarkley? I mean the kid has some talent but he isn't the best. Guy from Westview is a far better back. Huntingdon opens these huge holes for the very small and quick Weathers. Guy has an undersized line and most of the time just blows past everyone before they even know what is happening. But CBarkley if you saw Guy play you may change your mind about your choice.

Have u seen him play yet CBarkley? I mean the kid has some talent but he isn't the best. Guy from Westview is a far better back. Huntingdon opens these huge holes for the very small and quick Weathers. Guy has an undersized line and most of the time just blows past everyone before they even know what is happening. But CBarkley if you saw Guy play you may change your mind about your choice.

825371343[/snapback]

Note to Gerry: Boo Weathers has fewer carries, more yds, and more td's than Guy. I consider them to be equal in ablility with guy having the speed adv. and boo the "make you miss" advantage. Gerry, you seem to be very annoyed by the aura of the Mustang. You like to challenge their greatness by making hateful and spiteful statements meant to hurt the feelings of the blue and old gold monster. Gerry, why do you do these things? Why Gerry, Why? Gerry, i'm sure you would agree on one thing. Huntingdon will be playing in Murfreesboro for the 2A title game, right? I know you've figured that much out already. Don't be a boo hater.

What? I have seen each running back and gave my opinion on each one of them. Anyone could run through those Huntingdon holes. That is a compliment to Huntingdon's o-line since you think I make hateful and spiteful statements. Stats don't mean a thing. How many rushing leaders in High school go on to play at a high level in college? Not very many. I don't think they will be in the boro this year, unless they improve on defense and are able to consistently stop good teams. I don't like Huntingdon and never will, but I will repsect what they did last year, but they have yet to show me they are the best team in the state.

What?  I have seen each running back and gave my opinion on each one of them. Anyone could run through those Huntingdon holes. That is a compliment to Huntingdon's o-line since you think I make hateful and spiteful statements. Stats don't mean a thing. How many rushing leaders in High school go on to play at a high level in college? Not very many. I don't think they will be in the boro this year, unless they improve on defense and are able to consistently stop good teams. I don't like Huntingdon and never will, but I will repsect what they did last year, but they have yet to show me they are the best team in the state.

825371370[/snapback]

Come on Gerry, show us some love. Admit Huntingdon is the best. :angry:

Ok....we have to give props to Josh Boyd from Camden...he may not have the yardage that Boo and Guy have but as far a sheer power and ability to make defenders miss he wins hands down...I've seen him flatten defenders twice his size and drag 4 to the end zone with him. He has great vision and makes some great cuts....with a young line to work behind he sure does seem to find his way through some awfully small holes. Weathers and Guy are great no doubt and they have incredible bursts but I don't think they would be as successful as Boyd if they had to run behind the same line Boyd does.

Phillip "Boo" Weathers - 106 Att  -  1103 Yds  -  10.4 Avg  -  17 TD

Markei Guy - 125 Att  -  1050 Yds  -  8.4 Avg  -  18 TD

825371461[/snapback]

Like I said before stats don't mean anything when it comes to being the best at ones position at the high school level. I have known many great backs and play with a 2,000 yard back but has not amounted to much at the college level because he was the product of the system. That is what Boo is, any running back on that team could put up those numbers. From pure ability and possibility of going to the next level Guy has the advantage. Weathers is too small and as you will see, will wear down come playoff time because he isn't a 20 carry a game back. Weathers is not the best running back on his team, if you ask me. Huntingdon was the best in 2003 I will give them that and that is it. Boyd is also a great back that I would put ahead of Weathers. Another back that could be great but that is never used anymore is Cody Cook from McKenzie, I remember playing him in the playoffs his freshman year and he was a load to bring down.

my vote goes to boo.

put markei guy and phillip "boo" weathers side by side or head to head again and i think the rest of you will see where i'm coming from. boo is just a dangerous little man.

troy fleming is the state's all-time rushing leader.. and i dont think i have to tell you where he's playing today.