Sequatchie @ Tyner

Bill#49

...Never said that we were(especially since football is a "collision" sport)...Your predicted score is interesting especially since S.C. has averaged only 18 points the last two(2) games...in my previous post I asked a question about the Whitwell game and no points scored in the 2nd half...and looking at the game S.C. played against Meigs you scored no points in the 1st half...here is my analysis by position( I know it's not played on paper, but here it is anyway):

Quarterback -Bureau(good) vs. Craddock(better), advantage RAMS

Running Backs-Price(very good) vs. Rutley(excellent), (the key will be depth at this position), advantage RAMS

Receivers- no explanation(it's more than K.J.), advantage RAMS

Offensive Line- which one will control the line of scrimmage??, EVEN

Defense- if Hendricks and Co. (White, Mitchell, Taylor, Langford,Thrasher) play like they did against Polk, then advantage is RAMS

PK- Matt B. has been good on 9 of 10  p.a.t's the last two(2) games.

Coaching- Always interesting when coaches have not faced each other, which one can adjust to the others' strategy??? EVEN

...As the saying goes, "that's why they play the game"...Is it Friday yet????

825380542[/snapback]

Great post and breakdown on the game. thumb

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion has a great record against us.

But this year Marion won by 3 we both had 5 TD's now how much closer could that be, it was all in the P.A.T.'s what are you bragging about?

825380932[/snapback]

Last year it was by one after Sequatchie had Marion 20-7 at halftime. I guess I'm just bragging because no matter what the score has been it has been all Marion County for 14 years. ;)

Good game. 14-7 at halftime, 14-13 in the third, 21-13 at end of third and 28-13 at the end. Both teams played hardnose, physical football, Seq had a punt return and a pass for touchdowns, Tyner opened the game with a touchdown drive, had long runs by Rutley and Craddock for TDs and had a long pass to set up a short TD run. Craddock and Rutley made the big plays when they had to, Seq drove the ball at times but offense could just get it into the end zone once.

Good game. 14-7 at halftime, 14-13 in the third, 21-13 at end of third and 28-13 at the end. Both teams played hardnose, physical football, Seq had a punt return and a pass for touchdowns, Tyner opened the game with a touchdown drive, had long runs by Rutley and Craddock for TDs and had a long pass to set up a short TD run. Craddock and Rutley made the big plays when they had to, Seq drove the ball at times but offense could just get it into the end zone once.

825383596[/snapback]

...This was a very tough game for both teams...it wasn't one of the RAMS best games but S.C. had a lot to do with that...you are right Rutley and Craddock both were the difference in this game...the PK Matt Bodenhamer was good on all four p.a.t.'s which was the advantage(when I thought the score would be tied)...Rutley finished with 213 yards(would have been more if the 65 yard td hadn't been called back)...that "long pass" you mentioned was K.J.(Kevion Jones)...I was really looking for the others receivers to show up last night but it will happen when we need them later on...our fullback #22 Melvin White made the yardage when we needed and the DEFENSE stepped up at the right moments... this time S.C. scored in the middle quarters( 2nd & 3rd) but failed to score in the 1st and 4th( I think that will change once the players get more experience)...Justin Price is a very good player as well as Whited...Sanders has the team moving in the right direction!!!

Josef Rutley is as good as anyone in this area. Last night should have put him over 1,000 yards with just about 100 carries. As far as the game goes, Tyner has to start finishing off their drives. You should be dominating a team when you have nearly 300 more yards of offense. Sequatchie Co. and Polk Co. should be a great game.

825384425[/snapback]

I agree the Polk County game should be a great one. Sequatchie hurt there self last night almost the whole game with bad tackling it wouldn't have changed who won but I was really disapointed that when they had a hand on the runner they wouldn't wrap up but I bet that gets fixed in practice between now and Friday.

I also want to say that for the third game in a row that Sophmore #40 Justin Walden has really looked good running the ball. If he keeps coming on in the classroom as well as the weight room he will be fun to watch over the next two years! Sequatchie Co. has a lot of young talent that is waiting there turn (15) Freshmen and (12) Sophmores and expecting an even bigger Freshmen class next fall. I really believe that Coach Saunders is returning Sequatchie County Football to a very solid program and perhaps even better than it has ever been down the road!

Edited by Sequatchie

The only two games I've seen Seq play Soddy-Daisy in football, only two games I know of ever, Seq won both. They ran one of Price's teams off the field in a scrimmage too. If you think SD would give Seq their worst loss ever, do you think they would run Tyner off the field? That's what it looks like.

825386240[/snapback]

Everyone wants to talk about blowing Sequatchie off the field, yes we've lost 3 games this year and no one I mean no one has run us off the field.