Cannon co football coach

Bigtimer

cannon co is a death penatly for any coach. there is no chance to win there. they just don't have the players to win. The best coach in the world would maybe win 3 games there. there is no one in their school system that would do a better job than coach nickerson. if a change is needed, they need to get a young entergenic coach from a bigger school that wants to be a head coach and come to cannon. most players have never played when enter high school.

another problem is it is impossible to coach football with less than 3 assistants. thats the systems problem. come off the pocket and pay these people, and then maybe we can have a decent program. the people in the community are very supportive already, just think how packed it would be if they started to win.

i just hope something is done to get the players to play, but until there is a serious program ran: i don't see it happening anytime soon.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cannon co is a death penatly for any coach. there is no chance to win there. they just don't have the players to win. The best coach in the world would maybe win 3 games there.  there is no one in their school system that would do a better job than coach nickerson. if a change is needed, they need to get a young entergenic coach from a bigger school that wants to be a head coach and come to cannon.  most players have never played when enter high school.

another problem is it is impossible to coach football with less than 3 assistants. thats the systems problem. come off the pocket and pay these people, and then maybe we can have a decent program. the people in the community are very supportive already, just think how packed it would be if they started to win.

i just hope something is done to get the players to play, but until there is a serious program ran: i don't see it happening anytime soon.

825374078[/snapback]

I went to the Smith County vs Cannon County game and I felt sorry for Cannon County. Being from Trousdale where we have a rich tradition in football I can't even imagine what playing for Cannon County would be like.

My best friend said that they looked like the most unenergetic and undisciplined team he had ever seen and I would have to agree. Before the game they were scattered around on drills. During the game I even seen a couple players on cell phones. There were plays where Cannon either didn't have enough players on the field or had to many. It just didn't look like they had much skill though and thats the biggest thing. The RB and WRs looked like they were way slower than others I have seen.

You were talking about the assistants. Trousdale has a bunch. I know we have at least 6.

I have to say we are disciplined and energetic, though wearing down into the season being beaten week after week and losing the most important game of the year kinda wears down on your morale. Though we keep coming week after week trying our hardest. We do only have 3 coaches, I believe we need more...alot more. It's very hard to keep everyone on track during practice with only 3. Oh well, CC is my team I'll stay down with them for life. GOOD LUCK TO CC FOR YEARS TO COME. Their time to shine will come soon.

Bigtimer, you sound like you're from, or have some association with, Cannon Co. Do you? I might have to agree with you on a few things there though, as much as I hate to admit it. Don't we have 4 coaches, though, Kermit? Nickerson, Kailiponi, Grandey, and Daniel(s)? And then who's that guy that walks around on the sidelines with the clipboard? The only thing I know is that we definitely need more coaches -- preferably some that are experienced, energetic, good disciplinarians, serious and committed to the program, and that the players respect. Until then, we'll just have to do the best we can with what we have. Go LIONS!

Hmmm....I didn't know Nickerson had a son. You learn something every day. Yeah, I never thought Grandey did much of anything either. "Assistant football coach"-- Just something else to add to his ever-growing list of qualifications on his resume. B) Bigtimer, where'd you go? I wasn't through with you yet. ;)

I have to say we are disciplined and energetic, though wearing down into the season being beaten week after week and losing the most important game of the year kinda wears down on your morale.  Though we keep coming week after week trying our hardest.  We do only have 3 coaches, I believe we need more...alot more.  It's very hard to keep everyone on track during practice with only 3.  Oh well, CC is my team I'll stay down with them for life.  GOOD LUCK TO CC FOR YEARS TO COME.  Their time to shine will come soon.

825374919[/snapback]

B) Oh, cheer up. You guys will start winning. You just got to have faith. Dekalb has only won 3 games and might not win anymore. They are in about the same shape. I am glad you support your school . Just don't ever, ever give up and you will still be a winner. :blink:

Awwwww don't give up :ph34r: Look at us from Macon here we haven't won but 2 games ourselvesssssss and we still are not giving up. Boy ole boy Friday night was just plain out badddddddddddd :P After coming off the high from last year it has been really harddddd seeing what we have had to see. I just hope that you boys there have some fan support as well as your parents are always there keeping you boys lifted up. We have a tremendous amount of fan support here and no matter win or lose we still keep our heads held high full of pride for our guys. Even when we went to the semi-finals or quarter finals not sure what all that is called but at the end of the game we lost but still everyone stood to their feet screaming "Tiger Pride" so you boys just keep those heads up I am sure you got alot of people there in your community that loves you and are proud of you so just hang in there eventually it will pay off trust me we have had some badddddddd years but it is all looking up now even after this season which is not alot to bragg about but it is still looking up. Lots of luck to your team there in CC. thumb