3A Playoffs

timbdp

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenbrier has a talented football team. However, they are way too cocky and will be upset in either the second or third round. Austin East has a good chance to go all they way.

As far as 6-3a, there are some very good teams that if healty can make a good run.( CROCKETT, Lexington, and McNairy)

825378524[/snapback]

I understand you may be bitter since Greenbrier beat Crockett last year in the playoffs, but calling them "cocky" is way off base. I have never seen a "cocky" Greenbrier team, ever. I have only seen Greenbrier teams that line up and play hard nose football. They do play with confidence. Are the fans and students excited about the recent success of their football program....yes they are. Are they "cocky"...no...absolutely not. Coach Williams and his staff have established a first class program. They do not accept or tolerate cockiness.

Greenbrier has great respect for Crockett County. The last two years these two teams have given the fans their monies worth. I have met and talked with several Crockett fans and I don't think you speak for the majority of the Crockett supporters.

I do like Greenbrier's chances in the playoffs based on what I have seen thus far. As we all know anything is possible when your dealing with young men. I also know that Greenbrier is more worried about this weeks game against a very good Page team and the other remaining region games. They will worry about the playoffs in three weeks.

Bulldog69:

Thanks for the kind words. We are looking forward to this weeks game against Page. It should be a battle.

You must not know much about this Region.  Trousdale will be in the playoffs.  And to put York in front of Trousdale and Smith, I bet you would pick Red Boiling Springs over Riverdale wouldnt you?  Predictions 1) Portland, 2) Livingston, 3) Trousdale, 4) Smith

825378381[/snapback]

good post, i actually left out trousdale in my earlier post but you are right they are peeking now and will be a factor in the playoffs. thumb

Hey Meals399....the fact is 'No cockiness", it is just our turn for overall strength. If you haven't heard of Greenbrier's RB then you have been in a cave.

825379241[/snapback]

No, I haven't been in a cave, just East TN.

Look, I know Greenbrier has a RB than ran for 2000 years last year and that he was the feature of a Tennessean article. I know the kid is good. What I would like to know is if he is the type of back that is going to break 30 yard run after 30 yard run or the guy who will just pound you to death and get 25-30 carries a game? I've been in the area less than 2 months, and becoming acquainted with every last high school superstar of the area hasn't exactly been on page 1 of my list of things to do.

Now, could someone please answer my question because it seems to me most of you know how to talk trash but don't know any facts to back it up?

No, I haven't been in a cave, just East TN.

Look, I know Greenbrier has a RB than ran for 2000 years last year and that he was the feature of a Tennessean article.  I know the kid is good.  What I would like to know is if he is the type of back that is going to break 30 yard run after 30 yard run or the guy who will just pound you to death and get 25-30 carries a game?  I've been in the area less than 2 months, and becoming acquainted with every last high school superstar of the area hasn't exactly been on page 1 of my list of things to do.

Now, could someone please answer my question because it seems to me most of you know how to talk trash but don't know any facts to back it up?

825379247[/snapback]

Roger Herndon-Greenbrier

151 carries, 1175 yards, 7 ypc, 18 TD's through 7 games.

4.0 GPA