3A Playoffs

timbdp

Meals, I don't keep up with stats but there is no "yes or no" to your question. Greenbrier's RB, Roger Herndon, has over 1000 yds thusfar this year, with three games left to go in regular season. He carries the ball alot during each game but as far as how many yards would depend on how he is defended. Creekwood concentrated almost soley on Herndon and were beaten by other Bobcat playmakers. While Herndon may have had very little in that game, he ran for about 275 yards in the Montgomery Central game alone with 5 TD's in the first half. Last week against Sycamore, he had a 50 yard punt return for a TD and ran the ball throughout the game. Some for longer distances than others.

As for calling Greenbrier "cocky," there is no justification for that. Nothing on this particular topic has any Greenbrier fans saying "in your face"-- The ones other than myself here on this topic that feel Greenbrier may have a chance are not from Greenbrier. CBarkley is a Sycamore fan, WHHS1975, a White House fan, and Bulldog69, a Page fan, teams we've played year after year and we have mutual respect for. Yes, Sycamore and Page are Region 5-3a, and we are proud to have them stand in our region. They are tough and have the capability to be at the top of it all.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is -- don't call a team cocky when you're unfamiliar with that team. Greenbrier works hard to maintain a class program and good sportmanship. Proud of our team, yes. Cocky? No way. And being called such is uncalled for.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meals, I don't keep up with stats but there is no "yes or no" to your question.  Greenbrier's RB, Roger Herndon, has over 1000 yds thusfar this year, with three games left to go in regular season.  He carries the ball alot during each game but as far as how many yards would depend on how he is defended.  Creekwood concentrated almost soley on Herndon and were beaten by other Bobcat playmakers.  While Herndon may have had very little in that game, he ran for about 275 yards in the Montgomery Central game alone with 5 TD's in the first half.  Last week against Sycamore, he had a 50 yard punt return for a TD and ran the ball throughout the game.  Some for longer distances than others.

As for calling Greenbrier "cocky," there is no justification for that.  Nothing on this particular topic has any Greenbrier fans saying "in your face"-- The ones other than myself here on this topic that feel Greenbrier may have a chance are not from Greenbrier.  CBarkley is a Sycamore fan, WHHS1975, a White House fan, and Bulldog69, a Page fan, teams we've played year after year and we have mutual respect for.  Yes, Sycamore and Page are Region 5-3a, and we are proud to have them stand in our region.  They are tough and have the capability to be at the top of it all.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is -- don't call a team cocky when you're unfamiliar with that team.  Greenbrier works hard to maintain a class program and good sportmanship.  Proud of our team, yes.  Cocky? No way.  And being called such is uncalled for.

825379288[/snapback]

I never called Greenbrier cocky. I did say "Region 5 guys" are cocky, but I never named Greenbrier by name. Quit going John Kerry on me here.

I wasn't referring to the palyers or teams as cocky, merely some of the posters on here. I remember a middle school comment and such throughout. That was what I was referring too.

I've been to one region 5 school in my life and no nothing about the current players and teams attitudes. Heck, I couldn't get to any school in the region right now if I had to. Hopefully I will be finding out come playoff time though at some point.

Good luck to all.

Write this down.

Middle Tennessee will come out of the shadows in 3A.  No one is even paying attention to what's below the radar.  Greenbrier and Portland will duke it out for the 3A finals, and I think Greenbrier will come out on top.  Somewhere along the line I think AE will lose their footing, and be outdone.

825378329[/snapback]

Lose their footing and be outdone? I guess you haven't seen A-E play then have you. Austin East totally dominates teams in every aspect of the game. A-E continues to pound the other team until Coach Stevens calls off the Roadrunner onslought. Listen this is directed to everyone who looks at this post. Austin-East will win region 2 and the State Championship game. Don't take me as being cocky, I know A-E has a target on their backs. A-E is the team to beat that won't be beaten.

1.Livingston Academy(This Year's Version Of Last Year's Macon County!,3-7 Last Year!,9-1 And Region Champions This Year!,Expect A Semifinal Berth!)

2.Portland(Will Be 8-2 And Finish second Barely!)

3.Alvin C. York Institute(Will Stun Smith County And Trousdale County To Steal The 3rd Seed!)

4.Smith County(Will Be 4th Seed!)

----

5.Trousdale County(Outside Looking In!)

825378162[/snapback]

LOOK! I know you FUNKY FULTON people want us to lose, but we have already beat York so that puts us automatically in front of them!!! In order for them to even have a chance at being above us they have to beat Smith County (Which is not very likely) and we would have to lose not only once but twice against teams that only have won one game or no games at all, so before you go to predicting crazy stuff like this you better get your facts straight!!!

Don't start talking smack BigRedTiger!!!  Lexington started winning games this past season on the hardwood, but as soon as that LHSdribblingsamariwarrior started posting the garbage about winning state it all went downhill for the BIG RED!!!  Do yourself a favor and keep everything on the down-low because it is better to be the hunter rather than the hunted, TRUST ME!!!

825379472[/snapback]

"Talking smack"...??? Who in the world is this a??clown?? Who said anything about basketball?? Yet another 3rd party member with nothing to bring to the table!! If I need something from you little man I will pull your chain!!! :)

Edited by BigRedTiger

Don't take me as being cocky, I know A-E has a target on their backs. A-E is the team to beat that won't be beaten.

825379748[/snapback]

I agree with everything you said but remember, Let's take it one game at a time. Also, we're(well AE isn't) the team with the bulleyes on their backs, it's Fulton. Fulton won it all last year so until somebody knocks them out of the playoffs, they're the ones with the bulleyes.

Last thing, TAKE IT one game at a time.

1-2-3 Dominate, 3-2-1 Take it to the State!