Is Camden for real?

tamirrt

I too am one of the Camden faithful but I was reading in another thread about how Camden fans are like Huntingdon fans...they just leave when things aren't going our way...could it be true?....after the absolutely dead crowd at the Dyer Co. game when it felt like I was the only one cheering in my section....I started to wonder....are we as loyal as we think we are????...if we aren't what do you suggest??...is it because we still can't believe we've made this big of a turn-around that we are holding back to see if its all a dream???.....wondering if anyone else wonders the same thing......

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am one of the Camden faithful but I was reading in another thread about how Camden fans are like Huntingdon fans...they just leave when things aren't going our way...could it be true?....after the absolutely dead crowd at the Dyer Co. game when it felt like I was the only one cheering in my section....I started to wonder....are we as loyal as we think we are????...if we aren't what do you suggest??...is it because we still can't believe we've made this big of a turn-around that we are holding back to see if its all a dream???.....wondering if anyone else wonders the same thing......

825378123[/snapback]

I am one of the Camden faithful too. I have been to everyball game this year. Last fridays crowd was quieter than it has been. But I wouldnt judge the fans support by one game. I think everyone was exhausted from the game the week before against Huntingdon.LOL. No seriously. Camden fans support this team. Even on the away ballgames this year. There has been times that Camden fans outnumbered the team we were facing 2 to 1. I think you will see a more exicted group of fans this week. The Adamsville game is very important to Camden. It plays a key to weither we will host a playoff game. So I think the fans will be loud Friday. As far as dreaming, I think most of the people that has watched this group of young men play since they were in the third and fourth grade in minor ball would tell you they have always dreamed big things for this group of kids. The difference between this team and Camden teams in the past is this team has a Great Coach in Coach Ward and this group plays as a team. There is no "star" player on this team. They are all stars. They work hard and want it. So it does this ole heart good to see these young men get the respect they deserve.

All I can say is GO LIONS!!!!!!!! You all are awesome!!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing the other day about the "no single star" system. He has 6 good running backs to use. We have never had that many running backs at CHS at one time. He has three good quarterbacks. In the past we've been fortunate to have one good quarterback. We have never had this small amout of players who play both sides of the ball. There were hints of this team last year, but another year of growth and good coaching helped them even more. Even though we lost the playoff game last year (at Lewis Co.),it was the turning point for the program.

Edited by @38320

Ward definitely gets the most out of his players. And talk about work ethic, wow. One of the finest coaches across the state, in what his 2nd season as a head coach. This is not even the most talented team Camden has had and look what he's done. I think one of the most talented teams we've had was back in 01'. If Ward had been coaching that team and the "dirty dozen", one can only imagine the accomplishments they could have had. But Ward is starting to build a tradition in Camden and the fan support is at an all time high.

Camden is a different team now, and I've never seen the fans so into it as they are now. I'm proud of our football program and how far it's come. What a difference a couple of years made! So I guess the answer is....Camden is for real! We're there, and we're not leaving...... just yet!!!

I am one of the Camden faithful too. I have been to everyball game this year. Last fridays crowd was  quieter than it has been. But I wouldnt judge the fans support by one game. I think everyone was exhausted from the game the week before against Huntingdon.LOL. No seriously. Camden fans support this team. Even on the away ballgames this year. There has been times that Camden fans outnumbered the team we were facing 2 to 1. I think you will see a more exicted group of fans this week. The Adamsville game is very important to Camden. It plays a key to weither we will host a playoff game. So I think the fans will be loud Friday.  As far as dreaming, I think most of the people that has watched this group of young men play since they were in the third and fourth grade in minor ball would tell you they have always dreamed big things for this group of kids. The difference between this team and Camden teams in the past is this team has a Great Coach in Coach Ward and this group plays as a team. There is no "star" player on this team. They are all stars.  They work hard and want it. So it does this ole heart good to see these young men get the respect they deserve.

All I can say is GO LIONS!!!!!!!! You all are awesome!!!!!!!

825378278[/snapback]

Camden is for real this year. They have a very balanced attack in Markham and Boyd. I too have watched these youngsters since minor ball and they are a special group that will give it all they got. Their big test will be on defense. Will they be able to stop the strong running games that Milan, Westview or Huntingdon will be prepared to throw at them in the playoffs. It always comes down to being able to stop the run game in the playoffs. Playoff football is always real physical in the end. If you dont believe it just ask David Lispcomb the difference in finesse and power. They found out the hard way at the Boro last year; and they were 14-0 going in. Lot of respect from this fan for Lions. They been through some tough years and now their enjoying some success because a group of young men have really worked hard. Good luck.

I am so proud to hear all of you saying what I've been feeling all year. What a fine group of young men!!...I just began to wonder when I read in 2 different forums about the Lions fans leaving the game when we were losing to Huntingdon and then again when we routed Dyer Co. We expect these boys to play for 4 quarters and I think they deserve to have their fans cheering them on all the way to the end. I spoke to several key players this week that spoke about the deadness of the crowd and how the stadium was 1/2 empty by the end of the ball game and how that really effects the team and their intensity level. This wonderful team and outstanding coaches deserve to have capacity crowds cheering them on whether its the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat until the end, regardless of the outcome. I agree our fans are much more excited this year (with good reason!) and our away crowds have been awesome...I don't know about the rest of you but I don't want to leave the stands even when the game is over!!....let's spread the word and encourage the fans to hang in there all the way with these boys!!!!.....Congrats on an already impressive season!.....GO LIONS!...GO BIG BLACK! thumb

Well lionschs I have been reading some of your off the wall comments about previous years and promised myself not to respond but when you say the 01" team had more talent you obviously are off your rocker dude!! This is most talent at this school since 1983 believe me. If you disliked the previous head coach then fine but quit making up bull@$$^!! I wish this 2004 team the best!

Well lionschs I have been reading some of your off the wall comments about previous years and promised myself not to respond but when you say the 01" team had more talent you obviously are off your rocker dude!!  This is most talent at this school since 1983 believe me. If you disliked the previous head coach then fine but quit making up bull@$$^!! I wish this 2004 team the best!

825379393[/snapback]

Listen, that is my opinion, not yours. I don't care if you like it or not, it is not my job to make you agree with my opinion. Do I think this years team is talented, yes they are very much so. And I hope they win every game they play because I love Camden dearly, and will always be a Camden fan. Comments about previous years???? Please enlighten me on when I have made comments about previous years. I liked Coach Fisher alot, but do I think he was a good football coach, no I don't. It's obvious by your number of posts you aren't on here very much, so I'll take your posts with a grain of salt.