Toughest District in the state?

UCSportsFan

13AA showed tonight what kind of basketball we play.  Hey where is tennisguy and delvil fanatic?  Sorry you guys could not come and see some good basketball.  The finlal two were not even really that close.  Good job to all the teams in 13AA.  B)

825444195[/snapback]

13AA certainly proved that they will be a force to be dealt with thats for sure, however they don't give any Gold Balls out for Hall of Fame games the last time i checked, I think the Gold could go through Walker Valley this year!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13AA certainly proved that they will be a force to be dealt with thats for sure, however they don't give any Gold Balls out for Hall of Fame games the last time i checked, I think the Gold could go through Walker Valley this year!

825444577[/snapback]

The gold ball may very well be won by Walker Valley or who knows but the thread is about toughest district, top-to-bottom. That is why we think so much of 13AA. With the improvement in Union City, you can't have an off night in a district game or you may get beat. There are districts with some great teams but most all have a team or two that you can count on a W no matter how you play. That's why the 7AA/13AA Challenge idea was so neat. These two districts have great programs plus good programs, no cupcakes on the menu!

Edited by NWhoopaholic

The gold ball may very well be won by Walker Valley or who knows but the thread is about toughest district, top-to-bottom. That is why we think so much of 13AA. With the improvement in Union City, you can't have an off night in a district game or you may get beat. There are districts with some great teams but most all have a team or two that you can count on a W no matter how you play. That's why the 7AA/13AA Challenge ideas was so neat. These two districts have great programs plus good programs, no cupcakes on the menu!

825444874[/snapback]

Thank you NWhoopaholic. I thought this thread was about the toughest district in the state too......I hope they keep this tournament up for a while. It was good for both districts I think.

7 a ....and 7 aa.........like the one person said count the champs and runners up for past 30 yrs.....and present day.......whats weird to me is they are most from the upper cumberland area  why hasnt tn tech got more on the court with them from these schools...?

825440358[/snapback]

That's an excellent question!!!!!!

TTU recruits up here, and everywhere. There are two players from Jackson Co. and one from Upperman on the current roster. :lol:

The highschool coaches in the Upper Cumberland (7A-AA-AAA), win because they build TEAMS. :lol:

All colleges compete for the top players. ;)

If LA Tech, Vanderbilt, or Auburn, lure the primetime players away, with venues of sweet sixteen or better posibilities. How can a little University with only a seventh rank all-time winning record compete? B)

There was a TTU staff member at all six games of the 13AA/7AA challenge on Saturday. thumb

Edited by jimbo44

I was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on this subject.  I for one feel its 7AA but there is 8AAA that is also very tough.  Whats everyones opinion?

825379173[/snapback]

I think that the toughest district in the state is district 9-AAA. With Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, and Smyrna.... they're pretty stacked. Beech always comes ready to play and usually so does Hendersonville. One or two... maybe even these top 3 teams should make it to state this year. Considering that Wilson Central did last year and so would have Mt. Juliet if it weren't for the injury of Alisha Clark-their best player. Smyrna is coming on up there this year too, by beating Shelbyville in 1st game of season and that was considered a "rough night". We'll see how this season goes for this district.

I think that the toughest district in the state is district 9-AAA. With Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, and Smyrna.... they're pretty stacked. Beech always comes ready to play and usually so does Hendersonville. One or two... maybe even these top 3 teams should make it to state this year. Considering that Wilson Central did last year and so would have Mt. Juliet if it weren't for the injury of Alisha Clark-their best player. Smyrna is coming on up there this year too, by beating Shelbyville in 1st game of season and that was considered a "rough night". We'll see how this season goes for this district.

825451731[/snapback]

Mt. Juliet is the real deal thats for sure and Wilson Central isn't far behind. As for asking where i have been well i have been at a ballgame just about every day so i havent had much time to post. I did hear that 13AA won the challenge and unfortunately for us we won't be a part of that next year as we move down to Single A but i do know that the game between Westview and JC was close going into the fourth quarter and that was without one of our starters, so all is not lost for this year just yet. Congratulations are in order to 13AA. We are adimittingly down this year from previous years but just remember it doesn't matter what your record is before christmas, its what you do in the tournaments that count. Happy Thanksgiving to all! thumb

i had the chance to watch more than half of the games in the 7aa/13aa series. After i heard all the talk of 7aa, i expected a little more. Don't get me wrong, 7aa is good but not what i had seemed. Just about every 7aa team got beat, we'll just have to see when Murfreesboro comes around and what district will come out on top.

There are number of ways to view this question.

Perenially the toughest

This years best

Toughest top to bottom

Year in and year out the districts that continually would be on this list regardless of your criteria would be

District 7A

District 7AA

District 7AAA

District 8AAA

District 9AAA

But of course I am openly biased toward Middle TN of course

825443990[/snapback]

I would have to agree with you. The # of titles would agree with this also.