Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

Humboldt?? Who are you trying to kid? Didn't they just lose a game friday?

And you don't think Temple has a chance?

Sure I think they have a chance but I dont know all that much about them and just because Humbolt lost ONE game doesnt mean anything. Temple was everyone's pick last year to win state but they didn't. I was 100% sure that Temple was going to blow middleton out of them gym last year but I was wrong so I dont set too high of standrards for any team just yet!!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure I think they have a chance but I dont know all that much about them and just because Humbolt lost ONE game doesnt mean anything. Temple was everyone's pick last year to win state but they didn't. I was 100% sure that Temple was going to blow middleton out of them gym last year but I was wrong so I dont set too high of standrards for any team just yet!!

To be honest with you -- Temple should have won against Middleton last year.

What? What game were you watching?

The same one you were. Compared to how Temple played all year -- they did not have a good game against Middleton. I'm not trying to make any excuses for them -- but they should have won the game. They should have been up for the game and they weren't.

If you'll remember Temple led at half-time 35-33.

Temple was winning the game 66-64 with about 4 minutes to go in the game and then all of a sudden they just fell apart (so to speak).

Middleton outscored Temple, 13-2, in those last 4 minutes of the game and got the upset over #1 ranked Temple 77-68.

I watched the Crusaders play all year and it was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen happen to a team (33-1) in the closing minutes of a game.

And so, yes I was watching the same game you were.

Let me preface this: I hate Temple.

Oldtime is not making this up though. I watched Temple play many times last season, and seasons before that. Temple does not lose the lead late in the game. I was suprised to see what I saw. No one who has watched Temple could have foreseen them falling apart. But remember, good teams make other good teams fall apart.

The same one you were. Compared to how Temple played all year -- they did not have a good game against Middleton. I'm not trying to make any excuses for them -- but they should have won the game. They should have been up for the game and they weren't.

Temple was winning the game 66-64 with about 4 minutes to go in the game and then all of a sudden they just fell apart (so to speak).

Middleton outscored Temple, 13-2, in those last 4 minutes of the game and got the upset over #1 ranked Temple 77-68.

I watched the Crusaders play all year and it was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen happen to a team (33-1) in the closing minutes of a game.

Every team that gets beat always has the excuse of not having a good game. When is the last time you lost a game and said we played as good as we could. They were the better team. Good teams make other good teams play bad. So the best team won!

Every team that gets beat always has the excuse of not having a good game. When is the last time you lost a game and said we played as good as we could. They were the better team. Good teams make other good teams play bad. So the best team won!

That's the point: we did not play as good as we could.

I don't think Middleton had anything to do with Temple playing bad in the closing minutes of that game. And I still say that Temple was the better team. And i don't just say that because I follow Temple athletics either.

HUMBOLD ACTUALLY WON 76-38.....IT WAS AN ERROR>>>

not surprised, temple was never good to begin with.

not surprised, temple was never good to begin with.

You must be speaking of the owls collegiate football team- temple's team last year was a great team... and I agree with grace golden eagles and oldtime- seth skogen averaged 19 pts. a game last year and was held to 13- he had come off of games of 20+ 32 and 28- he played badly, wadley had probably 5+ turnovers- very uncharacteristic of his ball handelling- and mind you many of temple's mistakes in that game were NOT forced they were brain farts... However, Middleton proved to be the better team that night by winning..and that is really all that matters....