Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its hard to find good competition in single a in east tn...but we do what we are supposed to do..to tha teams that arent very good...and thats blow them out...we have a tough one with rockwood tomorrow...it would be nice to play some west tn teams so we can play with some competition and see how good we really are...but long ways away..lol...we will find out when its time for tourney play...

its hard to find good competition in single a in east tn...but we do what we are supposed to do..to tha teams that arent very good...and thats blow them out...we have a tough one with rockwood tomorrow...it would be nice to play some west tn teams so we can play with some competition and see how good we really are...but long ways away..lol...we will find out when its time for tourney play...

I think it would be benificial to play teams from other parts of the state such as Chattanooga, Middle and even West TN. The only way to really get better is to play high levels of competition. Blow out games do not test teams usually a team lowers their level of play when playing poor teams. Maybe scheduling such games during the Christmas break would work or Cosby could host a Christmas tourney and invite teams from other areas. I agree that Cosby has not been truely tested yet and it could hurt come tourney time.

Your's looks a lot better..And you are one of the few to have Middle College..I believe Middle College is a lot better than people think they are..Lake Co beat them in a war that could have gone either way and they blasted Wayne Co..

I believe I said Middle College was pretty darn good..Maybe all you pollsters in East and Middle College will take notice about Middle College and Lake Co...Lake Co won in an earlier meeting against Middle...All I'm saying is we have 6 or seven teams in our district that can beat anyone..Union City,Lake Co,Humboldt,Middle College...I know any of these teams can beat Lake Co and vice versa...And Halls and Trenton can also beat anyone..This is one tough district and area for basketball..

Edited by mrbigster

I believe I said Middle College was pretty darn good..Maybe all you pollsters in East and Middle College will take notice about Middle College and Lake Co...Lake Co won in an earlier meeting against Middle...All I'm saying is we have 6 or seven teams in our district that can beat anyone..Union City,Lake Co,Humboldt,Middle College...I know any of these teams can beat Lake Co and vice versa...And Halls and Trenton can also beat anyone..This is one tough district and area for basketball..

What happened against Manassas?

I still say that Grace Baptist Academy & Temple are the front-runners in class 1A.

Why are they considered the front-runners in class 1A. Who have they played besides each other. Union City and Lake County play the hardest opponents in state and out. Union City plays teams like Haywood, Bolivar, Liberty, and also they played in the poplar bluff tour. Lake County played in Marion Ill. tourn. and a tuff dist. schedule to go along with the out of state team the played against. A team record doesn't prove anything excepted a big let down come state tournment time. If I recall right that a team with 10 losses got to the title game and beat all of the weak teams with only 1 or 2 losses from east and middle Tennessee. By the way it was two west tennessee teams that played in all of the title games last year with the exception of Brentwood. So that tells me that all the people that vote are mostly homers and don't know a basketball if it hit them in the head.

Why are they considered the front-runners in class 1A. Who have they played besides each other. Union City and Lake County play the hardest opponents in state and out. . . . the people that vote are mostly homers and don't know a basketball if it hit them in the head.

The "hardest opponents" according to who? You?

Who's the "homer", here?

It just shows that even you don't know a basketball if it hit you in the head.

Why are they considered the front-runners in class 1A. Who have they played besides each other. Union City and Lake County play the hardest opponents in state and out. Union City plays teams like Haywood, Bolivar, Liberty, and also they played in the poplar bluff tour. Lake County played in Marion Ill. tourn. and a tuff dist. schedule to go along with the out of state team the played against. A team record doesn't prove anything excepted a big let down come state tournment time. If I recall right that a team with 10 losses got to the title game and beat all of the weak teams with only 1 or 2 losses from east and middle Tennessee. By the way it was two west tennessee teams that played in all of the title games last year with the exception of Brentwood. So that tells me that all the people that vote are mostly homers and don't know a basketball if it hit them in the head.

Yeah that was the first time in four years that all championship games came from the west. One year. Yes, West is good, maybe even better, but your statement didn't prove anything. Now, if the championship games (for the next 3+ years) consist of all West teams, then I will say they are dominate.

Remember, your opinion, as well as everyone else's, is biased. Of course you are gonna say the West is the best. And people here will say the East is. Personally, I think the West has more talent, but I am not going to start arguing who is better. I guess we will find out in March.