Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

here we go again with someone talking about clay county then cosby remember

friendship beat clay county twice by 23 at there place that's ok we are willing to fly under the radar until it counts clay is ranked 6th in state friendship 12th ??

please keep ignoring us

Friendship has beaten Clay twice that is a fact. The first game Clay was without Walden and midway through the second quarter the coach didn't like the way the starters were playing so he pulled them and put in all freshman. He did the same in the fourth quarter thus the big difference in the score. As for the game that was at Friendship, it was close, in the end the ref's were able to pull Friendship through and beat Clay by 6. Remember that Friendship beat Clay twice last year during the regular season and then lost to them by 13 points in the region, actually i don't see Friendship beating Pickett Co. in the region semi's. As for the Unaka game, well you can throw that game out. Clay's bench played most of the game due to the numerous fouls called against Clay County. The foul count was like 34-10 or something ridiculous like that, couple that with Walden being out because of injury. However what happened before Christmas or even in the regular season doesn't matter. Its what you do in the tournament that counts. Good luck to all the athletes that play the game........ :thumb:

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how anyone who has watched Friendship DOMINATE Clay County this year could think Clay County could ever beat them this year. Remember Clay County has 4 losses 2 of those are to FCS. Like we heard at the last game... OVER RATED !!!!!

I can also promise you that the boys from Clay County have not forgot your chant of overrated either. Keep running your mouth like you have the game won already. Remember what happened last year when you face Clay County in an elmimination game in the region? Didn't you beat Clay during the regular season twice last year? How did you come out in the region game when it was win or go home?? :thumb:

I can also promise you that the boys from Clay County have not forgot your chant of overrated either. Keep running your mouth like you have the game won already. Remember what happened last year when you face Clay County in an elmimination game in the region? Didn't you beat Clay during the regular season twice last year? How did you come out in the region game when it was win or go home?? :thumb:

Nothing like ancient history to remember the good old days ! Looks like a different team out there to me. Don't think we have the game won yet BUT... I believe we will the chance to prove who the better team is THIS year in a couple of weeks :o

Nothing like ancient history to remember the good old days ! Looks like a different team out there to me. Don't think we have the game won yet BUT... I believe we will the chance to prove who the better team is THIS year in a couple of weeks :o

You and everyone else in the gym knows that without the refs you wouldn't have won that game at Friendship. You will see a DIFFERENT team in a couple of weeks that much i promise! Actually i don't see you beating Pickett Co. in the semi's to get to Clay County. :thumb:

You and everyone else in the gym knows that without the refs you wouldn't have won that game at Friendship. You will see a DIFFERENT team in a couple of weeks that much i promise! Actually i don't see you beating Pickett Co. in the semi's to get to Clay County. :thumb:

Let's see Pickett lost to Westmoreland and Clay both teams we have beaten as far as the refs what your excuse at Clay County when the ref were given Clay the calls and we still won ? :o

Let's see Pickett lost to Westmoreland and Clay both teams we have beaten as far as the refs what your excuse at Clay County when the ref were given Clay the calls and we still won ? :o

I have already commented on that game but just keep on believing you're going to dominate Clay County when it comes to playing them again like you have said. Keep thinking just because you won a meaningless regular season game or two that you will win in the region. For some reason Friendship wins alot of regular season games but when it comes to the region they usually have an early exit. We'll see in a couple of weeks if that trend continues. :thumb:

I have already commented on that game but just keep on believing you're going to dominate Clay County when it comes to playing them again like you have said. Keep thinking just because you won a meaningless regular season game or two that you will win in the region. For some reason Friendship wins alot of regular season games but when it comes to the region they usually have an early exit. We'll see in a couple of weeks if that trend continues. :thumb:

Ive seen the same thing over the years too..But your not gonna change this guys mind from bein stubborn and thinking that FCS is "The Best" team in the state until hes proved wrong. Clay will step it up come tourney time, we always do so I dont think we have too much to worry about.

And like I said before you keep talking about the past, I guess we only need to wait a couple of weeks to see what THIS year holds. I do disagree with one thing you said... meaningless regular season game or two ? I think 22-3 with no losses in district OR region tends to send a message. But good luck and may the best team win ! GO COMMANDERS!!! :o

And like I said before you keep talking about the past, I guess we only need to wait a couple of weeks to see what THIS year holds. I do disagree with one thing you said... meaningless regular season game or two ? I think 22-3 with no losses in district OR region tends to send a message. But good luck and may the best team win ! GO COMMANDERS!!! :o