Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

oh ok kinda how the west has in say hmmm the past 13 years???

2005 Middleton

2004 Unaka

2003 Temple

2002 Temple

2001 Chattanooga Christian

2000 South Fulton

1999 Moore County

1998 Ezell Harding

1997 Perry County

1996 Boyd Buchanan

1995 Pickett County

1994 Battle Ground Academy

1993 Battle Ground Academy

West won TWO State Championships in the last 13 years

Go back to 1992 and Middleton won again. So make that 3 out of the last 14 that sounds better.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont really care about the past...but no side of the state is gonna dominate the tourney this year....but i do think this is gonna be one of the best state tourneys in a long time for 1A

I agree. I was being funny. I am from the west and everyone on here talking about how great the west is crazy. It has showed over the last 15 years or so. If you do not win the gold ball you can't be considered the powerhouse. East has clearly dominated over the last decade. So until we change it we will not be the best side.

Edited by M-Town Baller

How many state titles the west side of TN has won in the past 13 yrs doesnt mean anything about how good or bad any team from around here is. Let me know when how many state titles in the part of the state(your in)determines how good any team is on any given year. just don't come back on here and make some excuses cuz u lost to a west tn team.

Im not posting that to say a team is not good or anything like that. Im saying that because it is ridiculous to think that the west teams are going to "put a hurtin" on the east and middle teams. And yes it is the past but you can learn something from the past. After all the past is the only thing that provides us with any sort of facts. And my team hasnt lost to any west tenn teams haha Grace hasnt lost to a Class A team all year and has played teams from 4 different districts.

Im not posting that to say a team is not good or anything like that. Im saying that because it is ridiculous to think that the west teams are going to "put a hurtin" on the east and middle teams. And yes it is the past but you can learn something from the past. After all the past is the only thing that provides us with any sort of facts. And my team hasnt lost to any west tenn teams haha Grace hasnt lost to a Class A team all year and has played teams from 4 different districts.

I have said on here before 14A could be the most balanced district in the state class A... BUT just because all the teams are preety equal doesn't mean they are better than teams from across the state. District 7 is pretty balanced too. Nite in and nite out you play each other and are very close to each other... but better ? I don't know. Friendship is 24-3 and I believe we can play with anyone one form the west as could Clay, Culleoka, Cosby , Grace, Temple... and a host of other teams. Guess we'll just have to see in the'boro where the winners and "pretenders " come from ! :D

haha so the best two teams in the state are in the same district? Culleoka and whoever Richland is?

Culleoka better worry about Columbia Academy... didn't their 2 losses come to them in district play? Culleoka hasn't really played a very tough schedule but still can get out because of a weak district and region. We'll see how they play against the better teams at sub and state prvided there are know upsets! :D

Culleoka better worry about Columbia Academy... didn't their 2 losses come to them in district play? Culleoka hasn't really played a very tough schedule but still can get out because of a weak district and region. We'll see how they play against the better teams at sub and state prvided there are know upsets! :D

I wanna know bout this team from Adamsville...they're number 1 in their region but nobody has anything to say about them...are they someone we should be worried about?