Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And like I said before you keep talking about the past, I guess we only need to wait a couple of weeks to see what THIS year holds. I do disagree with one thing you said... meaningless regular season game or two ? I think 22-3 with no losses in district OR region tends to send a message. But good luck and may the best team win ! GO COMMANDERS!!! :thumb:

I for one just love beating private schools! :thumb:

Can't tell anyone for sure who will win the State..but one of them are in the district tournaments at South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> the next several days ..

One would have to say that this post does have merit as West Tn boys have dominated highschool basketball in Tn for awhile. There is no zoning over there so kids can pretty much go wherever they want so i can see how they could build teams down there. However right now the best team in the state would have to be Grace Baptist and everyone else is just trying to get there. Should be an exciting tournament for sure, i for one hope i'm there watching my son and Clay County play. :thumb:

To bad you haven't done it THIS year! :thumb:

One thing is for sure if FCS bombs like they normally do in the region tournament then no one will see you back on CoachT until next year. Thats the problem with letting children post. They have nothing to say other than something idiotic about how good their team is and no one gives them respect and we did this, we beat them blah blah blah. FCS will not get past the region semi's, they'll probably get put out in the first round by our 4 seed. Look on the bright side though atleast you'll be able to hang one of those banners in your gym that says you were 27-3 and a regional tournament participant! :thumb:

Edited by devilfanatic

One thing is for sure if FCS bombs like they normally do in the region tournament then no one will see you back on CoachT until next year. Thats the problem with letting children post. They have nothing to say other than something idiotic about how good their team is and no one gives them respect and we did this, we beat them blah blah blah. FCS will not get past the region semi's, they'll probably get put out in the first round by our 4 seed. Look on the bright side though atleast you'll be able to hang one of those banners in your gym that says you were 27-3 and a regional tournament participant! :thumb:

It amuses me that you say children about the things I say but you are saying the same things. All I put down were the facts: FCS beat you [ Clay County ] twice. that isn't saying how good we are or asking for respect it is what it is FACT. As far as getting put out by your 4 seed only time will tell... but I for 1 am looking forward to the region finals. SEE YOU THERE! And how do you figure your 4 seed can beat us when your #1 hasn't been able to do it ? :thumb:

It amuses me that you say children about the things I say but you are saying the same things. All I put down were the facts: FCS beat you [ Clay County ] twice. that isn't saying how good we are or asking for respect it is what it is FACT. As far as getting put out by your 4 seed only time will tell... but I for 1 am looking forward to the region finals. SEE YOU THERE! And how do you figure your 4 seed can beat us when your #1 hasn't been able to do it ? :thumb:

Because FCS folds every year in the region tournament, look at your past history. You can't predict the future just base it on facts. If you look at the "facts" FCS has traditionally folded in the region tournament and sometimes they have the better team so what does that tell you? FCS is the favorite to win the region on paper, they are the ones with the bullseye. Its awful hard to beat a team 3 times in one year. :thumb:

Because FCS folds every year in the region tournament, look at your past history. You can't predict the future just base it on facts. If you look at the "facts" FCS has traditionally folded in the region tournament and sometimes they have the better team so what does that tell you? FCS is the favorite to win the region on paper, they are the ones with the bullseye. Its awful hard to beat a team 3 times in one year. :thumb:

I'll even agree with you there, " fact " is we haven't done well at the region and we understand that paper isn't worth anything unless we PROVE we are ready to play with the big boys. I believe Coach Bradshaw being with this group of players almost all of their high school careers is now the difference. You can tell you have seen alot of games between these 2 teams... I can't believe you would tell me this team of FCS doesn't look different from past teams. Defense has never been this good alot deeper ,too. We will see what game 3 brings.

I told Demarcus Patrick's Dad the same thing..If we beat Halls .it would probably be better to lose in the district championship and stay away from the #3 team in our district...I know a coach wouldn't lose on purpose and we could still get beat in the region..By doing that we would have a little tougher 1st round game in the #3 seed but I believe I would rather play the #1 seed or any team in the other district than Humboldt or Union City..By winning the district..we would probably have to play either Union City or Humboldt in a loser go home game and then play one of the other in the championship..But..if Halls beats us..we probably need to settle for 4th....We know the coaches are going to try to earn their way and not lose ..but if you want to look at the big picture and maybe the best way to get there,that may be the best routeto take..But..that's not a guarantee either..it's just that we know what Humboldt and Union City has and the other region,we're not too sure about...But..we have to beat either Greenfield or Gleason first,then Halls or Trenton..At least if we win those first two games..we can determine what we want to do..By that ..I mean,that we have been concerned about the players Whitby had been starting..That may be the time to start those players we have been complaining about..Don't lose on purpose..Just give your starters a rest..

Yeah thats the way the bracket is gonna pan out..But im gonna tell you now..whoever is in the district finals,WILL NOT blow the game..Lake County Humbolt nor Union City will not lose on purpose,they have to much pride and all 3 teams believe they can win..And all 3 can win on any given night..I saw Mckenzie play and can can play pretty good but not good enough..Like i said they are wayyy overated..U.C. L.C. or Humbolt will beat them by 20 easily..And by the way..The Patrick kid is a good ballplayer..Plus that #3 Halls has is a very good shooter..All this is just my opinion,who knows stranger things has happened..Lake County better worry about getting by Halls and Union City better worry about Humbolt before they get ahead of themselves..You know what could happen?..Halls upsets L.C. and Humbolt beats U.C...And Halls wins the district!!..Hmmm?..It could happen..You know Trenton beat Humbolt earlier this year..And then Union City and Lake County will have to go all out no excuses..Because neither of them would want to be the 4 seed in there with Humbolt..Now this is probly not gonna happen but it was just a thought..Remember...Stranger things has happened in the game of Basketball. <_<

I told Demarcus Patrick's Dad the same thing..If we beat Halls .it would probably be better to lose in the district championship and stay away from the #3 team in our district...I know a coach wouldn't lose on purpose and we could still get beat in the region..By doing that we would have a little tougher 1st round game in the #3 seed but I believe I would rather play the #1 seed or any team in the other district than Humboldt or Union City..By winning the district..we would probably have to play either Union City or Humboldt in a loser go home game and then play one of the other in the championship..But..if Halls beats us..we probably need to settle for 4th....We know the coaches are going to try to earn their way and not lose ..but if you want to look at the big picture and maybe the best way to get there,that may be the best routeto take..But..that's not a guarantee either..it's just that we know what Humboldt and Union City has and the other region,we're not too sure about...But..we have to beat either Greenfield or Gleason first,then Halls or Trenton..At least if we win those first two games..we can determine what we want to do..By that ..I mean,that we have been concerned about the players Whitby had been starting..That may be the time to start those players we have been complaining about..Don't lose on purpose..Just give your starters a rest..

Yeah thats the way the bracket is gonna pan out..But im gonna tell you now..whoever is in the district finals,WILL NOT blow the game..Lake County Humbolt nor Union City will not lose on purpose,they have to much pride and all 3 teams believe they can win..And all 3 can win on any given night..I saw Mckenzie play and can can play pretty good but not good enough..Like i said they are wayyy overated..U.C. L.C. or Humbolt will beat them by 20 easily..And by the way..The Patrick kid is a good ballplayer..Plus that #3 Halls has is a very good shooter..All this is just my opinion,who knows stranger things has happened..Lake County better worry about getting by Halls and Union City better worry about Humbolt before they get ahead of themselves..You know what could happen?..Halls upsets L.C. and Humbolt beats U.C...And Halls wins the district!!..Hmmm?..It could happen..You know Trenton beat Humbolt earlier this year..And then Union City and Lake County will have to go all out no excuses..Because neither of them would want to be the 4 seed in there with Humbolt..Now this is probly not gonna happen but it was just a thought..Remember...Stranger things has happened in the game of Basketball. :blink:

I'll remember this when they go to substate.....