Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosby Eagles 30-1 District 3A champions :thumb: Got a tough win in the championship game last night by beating a very good (23-6) rockwood team for the third time this year. people are already counting us out because we let Rockwood come close but the close comeback win just gives me more confidence in Cosby now. no 1a team has got that close to us all year and we proved we could win the close one. Watch out for them EAGLES!!

Lake County, Union City, Humboldt, Middleton, or Middle College....One of these teams will win the state championship....

Well....Lake Co. and Union City play in the semis of the Region and the loser goes home. Then whoever wins that game will play Humboldt in the Region Championship game. The loser of that game will travel to the winner of the Middleton/Middle College Region Championship game. Therefore of all those teams you listed only two can make it to the State Tournament. That is not to say they can't win it, just letting you know the way the brackets play out.

I'll pick Lake Co. to win that Region and then beat Middle College in the substate game. Then Humboldt will go to Middleton for substate and get beat. So, of the teams you listed I pick Lake Co. and Middleton to make it to the boro.

I'm not bragging on humboldt so don't think i am, but we beat Middleton in the summer with out our 6' 5" Center Derek Saine, not saying middleton can't beat us i just think we shouldn't be counted out just yet. Good luck to everyone and let's quit seperating the east and the west, we will see who has the better teams. Who knows one team could surprise another. Good Luck to all! :huh:

Edited by VikingFan9

Well....Lake Co. and Union City play in the semis of the Region and the loser goes home. Then whoever wins that game will play Humboldt in the Region Championship game. The loser of that game will travel to the winner of the Middleton/Middle College Region Championship game. Therefore of all those teams you listed only two can make it to the State Tournament. That is not to say they can't win it, just letting you know the way the brackets play out.

I know how they work out, and I'm saying that the two that will make it out will be in the championship, and ofcourse one will win it.....

I know how they work out, and I'm saying that the two that will make it out will be in the championship, and ofcourse one will win it.....

hey buddy, I believe you are forgettin that Adamsville and Manassas are still playing... There isn't a Middleton/Middle College Region Championship yet. Manassas has beaten Middleton once this year. I know they were beaten down the next time they played but this is a brand new season with brand new stakes. EVERY GAME MEANS MORE NOW... As for Adamsville and Middle College... Just look for an exciting matchup. Adamsville is coming in playing their best basketball of the year. There may be an upset or two in Region 8a before the night is done.