Volunteer Falcons

superfalconfan05

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job and we (6-4) won without our important post Jared Mann (torn muscle in his shin). Potter stepped up and got some big boards late. Jacob Frazier had 30 points and was tourney MVP. Jay Hughes added 16, Cradic 5, Potter 4, Browder 3, and Tipton 2. Falcons were down 45-53 going into 4th quarter and outscored Pueblo Central (7-0, now 7-1) 15-5 to come from behind. Coach Whitt gets 100th win of Volunteer coaching career.

KSA Boys Basketball Champions!!!!!

Have a safe ride home gentlemen. See ya Monday @ 1pm!!!!!

PS.....Thanks coacht for redoing my post, but it still doesn't send them to the article. Must be a glitch, oh well........ GOD Bless!!!!!

:huh:

Edited by Stokomo

There were no individual awards nobody was any MVP. We won as a team not as an MVP. Now the KSA Tournament was great it was a great experiance. Disney treated all people like kings. Congrats to the coaches and to the Players and everybody that made the trip and who stuck it out to win a champtionchip down in Orlando.

Now to Burn DOWN A TEEPE

Falcon Basketball 2004/2005

Ok, guys we just got home. I will give you the stats as I have them. They may vary some from some others you may have seen or heard. We had problems with the score keeping down there. We actually scored two mor points than the official score would indicate. Our book and my book showed the same thing. The problem is there scorekeeper missed two of our point. I won't go into that any further. If you want to discuss it see me personally.

Thursday, December 16

Volunteer 18 18 25 19 - 80

University 17 15 15 11 - 58

Scorboard said we had 82. Our book and my book only had 80. Game not as close as final score would indicate.

Frazier 33

Hughes 16

Mann 15

Browder 4

Tipton 4

Potter 4

Paul 2

Cradic 2

Friday, December 17

Volunteer 17 8 12 17 - 54

Trinity 10 10 13 14 - 47

Trinity was undefeated prior to our game. They came in third in the tournament. There was a write up in the Pittsburgh paper Sunday morning. Jared got hurt in this game.

Frazier 21

Potter 11

Hughes 9

Browder 8

Mann 5

Saturday, December 18

Volunteer 18 13 18 13 - 62

Pueblo Central 8 16 27 5 - 58

This reflects the score as I see it. The official record is 60-58. They missed the two points in the third quarter. It was, apparently, one of Jacob's buckets. She missed it because it happened too fast and she was too busy making some comments to coach Whitt. We had a problem with them at the start of the game on a bucket that was wiped off because of a charge. The tournament director took care of that problem.

Frazier 32 (30)

Hughes 16

Cradic 5

Potter 4

Browder 3

Tipron 2

Two of the teams we beat were undefeated before we beat them. We did not play the teams we were originally scheduled to play. We found out on the way to Orlando that we had been moved into the tournament we played in. The change was because the TSSAA did not approve us playing one of the teams in our tournament, although we may never have had to play them, and TSSAA would not approve the team University High was scheduled to play first.

The officials let the guys play. That led to a physical style of play. I think that may have helped us to some extent. The officiating was different to say the least.

The awards to be given the the winners had been made and had all of the teams in the tournament listed on the plaque. With us changing tournaments, our name is not on our plaque. But we are not giving it back.

Great job guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know you would think that a good A.D. would have had a welcoming party for the team when they got back home.

Edited by CHHS72

There were a couple of posts while I was writing my last one that I need to respond to.

In Alex's defense, I did not hear any individual awards announced. On the other hand, if there was a MVP award, Jacob would have been the person to receive it based upon any basis for such an award that I have ever seen. Jay would have had to have been included on any all-tournament team.

Also, let me say that there were four girls teams from our area that did well in the Disney tournaments. They were Tennessee High, Unaka and Unicoi County

Edited by CHHS72