Bearden

bdog3741

That's ridiculous and exactly one of the problems we are having with the team right now.  We are playing for the future and have been ever since the special treatment of the fresh. team started at the beginning of the year.  It is painfully obvious to me and my teammates that this year's class is flat-out spoiled.  And they are not the freaking saviors of Bearden High School football.  These kids need to be brought down to Earth.  I hear a number of FRESHMAN football players, yes, football players, walking the halls of our school trashing our football team.  I even heard one kid talking trash to a JV member of our team saying the freshman team could beat our varsity.  I think these boys need a whippin' from us upperclassmen.  I hope that they get put into drills with us next week.  That would bring them back to reality. 

Let me tell you something:  My class(class of 2006) did just as much, if not more, that this year's freshman class did in rec. league ball.  We had more talent.  My Bearden team won the county championship and the CBFO supermidgets that a number of Bearden players played on finished behind a Halls team that was loaded with players that started the very next year at Central.  So don't feed us that talent crap.  We were touted by many as the most talented athletic class ever to enter the doors of Bearden High School and still are.  If we had had more attention and a better coach, as this year's fresh. team did, the sky would have been the limit.

825397562[/snapback]

AMEN

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ridiculous and exactly one of the problems we are having with the team right now.  We are playing for the future and have been ever since the special treatment of the fresh. team started at the beginning of the year.  It is painfully obvious to me and my teammates that this year's class is flat-out spoiled.  And they are not the freaking saviors of Bearden High School football.  These kids need to be brought down to Earth.  I hear a number of FRESHMAN football players, yes, football players, walking the halls of our school trashing our football team.  I even heard one kid talking trash to a JV member of our team saying the freshman team could beat our varsity.  I think these boys need a whippin' from us upperclassmen.  I hope that they get put into drills with us next week.  That would bring them back to reality. 

Let me tell you something:  My class(class of 2006) did just as much, if not more, that this year's freshman class did in rec. league ball.  We had more talent.  My Bearden team won the county championship and the CBFO supermidgets that a number of Bearden players played on finished behind a Halls team that was loaded with players that started the very next year at Central.  So don't feed us that talent crap.  We were touted by many as the most talented athletic class ever to enter the doors of Bearden High School and still are.  If we had had more attention and a better coach, as this year's fresh. team did, the sky would have been the limit.

825397562[/snapback]

Thats coming from a player. He is exactly right. Last years freshman

1 wasnt allowed to go to camp

2 didnt go in pads until the thursday before the first game

3 coach quit after the first week of season

4 no replacement coach was found so they were shuffled from area to area like a problem child that had to be baby sitted

5 NO varsity coach attended any of their games at all to even know if there was any tallent on the team.

This year the 10 11 and 12 graders are getting the same treatment this year while every attention to the freshman is being tended to.

Anyone who has played name a year where bearden traveled 5 or more freshman to most of their varsity games. Name a year where 2 or more freshman have started.

Bet you struggle to do it. Granted one of the starters is a long snapper who learned to do it somewhere during the 4th week of the year and just so happens to be named Maynard.

I believe the young man above summed it up.

GO DOGS!!!!!! GET RID OF MAYNARD!!!!!!

One last thing to Dawgs4life you want to talk about class. Put yourself in the Varsitys place after practing hard for 2 plus hours and have to hear you guys talk about how good the Freshmen are while theyare walking up the stairs. Ive listened to it and its a shame. Also I reported to Lynn Hill that I saw one of your players taking a whiz in front of the school, other parents and girls that were walking by. That happened on a Monday before you played Farragut . That kid got to play and has never been punished. If you press me I'll give you his #. Thats some class.

To JWW I never have to fight for my kid to play. Freshmen he was a 6 way starter, Started special teams this year on Varsity plus he was second string offence until he got hurt. So for you to imply what you said just shows me how far you are from the program you really are.

This is my last post Iam not going to say anymore about this program. I believe that Ive said enough and that things are not going to change. Ive given some advise on how to turn this program around and I know Iam preaching into the wind. If Maynard wants to talk to me one on one Ill be glad to talk to him.

If Maynard wants to talk to me one on one Ill be glad to talk to him.

825398269[/snapback]

Good luck getting in to see him. If your lucky he will tell you wait here a min and then go hide in his office. Seen that this season. As far as changing things, I believe that come friday it is open season for anyone and everyone to voice their opinion not only to Hill and the Principle but call anyone and everyone above their head. Dont hide let everyone know how you feel. If enough people express dissatifaction to enough people and to the right people something will be done.

dont forget there is a county AD. School Board. and certianly dont be afraid for every parent to call the sups office and schedule an appoitment. He dont wont to deal with this stuff and the more we as a group bear down on him the more he will bear down on the people below him to handle the situation.

Next monday there should be as many parents scheduling an appointment with the principle. If she dont take them within a reasonable time call the county ad and schedule one. We as parents can do something if we make it a group effort. Ive seen it done before. but it takes more than 1 or 2 trying.

I know (being from Campbell County) how you all feel. But you have got to understand, you can't point fingers at someone. Noone but us believed in what we were doing. And that't how you all have to be. Just play as a team and don't listen to what other people have to say. And as for the football players that say stuff like that. I say take "em in the showers. haha. But just believe in eachother and play as 1. This may be a down year but I promise that there is a lot of talent on that team. Just work hard!!

bearden needs to quit whinning and play... its always someone elses fault....

825398667[/snapback]

Thank you!!! Thats a lot of what I was trying to say...I could have used a better word choice.

In my opinion, keeping this freshman-and every upcoming class-together is very important. If you will notice we are a large school w/ a small number of seniors participating. The "power houses" of football are well represented by upperclassmen. I think the coaches might have noticed this after last and are trying to keep good players from quitting. We are losing a lot of size this year which seems to be one of the freshmans strengths, so perhaps the coaches are getting these guys prepared for varsity next year.

Yes, the current junior class did very well in rec league...so next year we should be excited about 2 classes of champions playing TOGETHER...not against each other as some of you parents make it seem. A divided team can do NOTHING...and for a player to hear their parents bashing teammates and coaches...well to me thats just sickening!

No, I do not think the freshman could beat the varsity...there is a BIG difference between a 14-15 year old kid and a 17-18 year old. I do think those guys have shown a lot and as any athlete would know...has a right to strut (to an extent)

Enough is enough. This is my last post on here. Keep Maynard and Cheer your heart out. But unfortunately in 3 years when this freshman class, (who i agree is very tallented) is still a 2 or 3 win a year team. Dont sit around and think to yourself maybe its the coaching. As soon as you do that everyone else will start to say NO its the tallent.

To all the players best of luck friday night i would Love to see you go out on a high note.

I remember several years ago when three baseball players transferred from Bearden to Catholic. I know for sure one of them had to sit out, and he did play some varsity at Bearden before he left.

I honestly don't know if that is a TSSAA rule or if it is the decision of the athletic director at the school that the student is transferring from. All I remember was that the player in question said that our A.D. would not release him. Not throwing stones one way or the other, but I'm not sure how the rule actually reads.

I'd like to extend an invitation to all of the Bearden Bulldogs to come support the Cougars against their longstannding rival. We'd love to have you at the game.

I hope you guys do well in the offseason and get your program back to where it deserves to be.

Bearden has always been a quality team in the past and I hope you guys can get back to where you belong.