Maryville vs. Central

jlay68

I concur. I don't know that we necessarily need to be balanced really though. But if we commit ourselves to establishing the run, I sincerely doubt that there are many teams that could stop us from getting 100+ yards on the ground.

Tallent is just a stud. He flat runs people over. I love it. And it's so much more pleasant to see that happening when it's him knocking someone else down than it is when we see it happening to our defensive backs at UT on Saturdays (how many times has Allen gotten his cap knocked off this year as opponents crashed into the end zone?).

AB is sweet too. He's got great speed and cut back ability. Those two together are a really tough combination to stop. Especially behind that big, bad line of ours. And our backups are really good too! Yeah, if we need to run for over 100 on Friday we will.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reverse order (what else do i have to do):

AB is as quick as a hickup. Our line doesn't get enough praise. Iwas sitting close, mainly because you have no choice at West and they came off the field all together and sat down. Two things crossed my mind: man I feel sorry for that bench, d@mn their big!!!

Tallent is something else. He reminds me a lot of Chris McCord, with a lot more hip swivel and alusiveness. What kills me about Allen is he thinks simply hitting people hard will stop them in their tracks. He doesn't understand wrapping up and therefore the young guys follow suit and do the same.

Man we're cocky. I agree though. It would be hard to stop us if we make up our minds. West tried, but we still ended up with 118. That's all it'll take to beat Central probably, with a nice passing game to compliment.

So maryville fans are giving reasons why maryville will win, and central fans are calling them stupid but yet not giving any reasons to why they are... so basically... central thinks they'll win, but yet has no reason to why that is.... Well here's a reason for that, they have nothing to say, because they dont want what happened last year to happen again... Well it wont, maryville will win without them running their mouth... maryville 35 - central 21

I will be surprised if central scores more than twice. yeah they have helton and scott and whoever else, it doesnt really matter, the Rebel defense steps up to the task in every game. Cade will be on target as always and im predicting clement to have a couple TDs, and we cant forget about childs, but wait, the knox west fans say he cant catch, so maybe not. our ground game is ridiculous behind our senior o-line. if we arent running the ball all over them and down their throats ill be extremely surprised. Our linebackers are good behind an awesome d-line. Im predicting Maryville by 3 TDs.

Seems to me like most Central fans think they will lose due to the Maryville "home cooking"? Which seems like a load of bull to me considering that if I recall correctly Helton had to get into the endzone on the fourth down. Cole McKinney, the nose guard (300 pounds of man) grabbed him by the towel and dragged him down. Don't go on your little speel about Maryville cheating because you're just jealous of success.

Guest Rebelnation

Yeah, the home cooking scheme won't fly, mainly for the reasons mentioned above about Blount Co Refs. Most of them hate Maryville and would LOVE to see us get beat. So, expect to get your share of crappy calls, called your way Central.

Here's the thing and read carefully: if you play your game so that a couple of bad calls will decide it for you, you're not playing to win. I've seen games (ex: at powell) where the refs were such homers they were probably wearing home team t-shirts under their ref shirts. But Maryville just put on more steam, played clean and overcame stupidity. The mark of a champion.

I'm sticking with my previous prediction. We win big, mainly because Central will be wore out in the 3rd and 4th and Zach losing his offense 100 yards scrambling around in the backfield. Scott and Gaston will play well, but it's hard to carry a whole team on four shoulders.

GO YANKEES, GO REBELS, GO VOLS, GO COWBOYS!!!! thumb

i'm not gonna say the cats wil win , i hope they do, they are gonna have their hands full. every year i notice that it looks like maryville has over 100 kids on their sideline, no wonder they just reload. right down the street at willie blount, almost the whole team goes both ways. hopefully meadows can cut out the recruiting, just look at willie blount and heritage how many wins do they have between them? if lee smith had not left central we would have a better chance.