Maryville vs. Central

jlay68

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rebelnation

We stayed with the pass at West because they were putting 8 in the box and disrespecting our pass game...words straight form GQ's mouth. It's agood point to metion FBE. You can shut down maybe one portion of our game, but what about all the other ways we hurt you. No one stops the Rebels for long.

You're right man, this is a challenge...period. We get to play twice and I doubt the outcome will be any different than last year.

Ollie, i truly believe you do shag nasty. :D

My thoughts on a few things:

1. I don't care how good your receiver is at Central. One man will not beat the Rebels. He may score a couple. He may break some big plays. But one man will not beat a really good team. I mean it's not like we're talking about Jerry Rice here.

2. Cade hasn't really been pressured all year. We don't know how he'll respond to it if CHS is able to get after him. But if he responds with the same grace and poise with which he always plays the game, then I'm okay with that. And further, the O-line at Maryville is a big bunch of talented and well-coached studs. They will protect their quarterback.

3. As much talk as there is about stopping the Maryville passing attack, there must be equal concern about stopping the run. Yes, MHS will spread out the defense and dare you to guard them. But at the same time they have a stable of backs that can make you pay. And they are running behind a line that can open major holes.

I've said all year that i believe the MHS offense can score on anyone. I stand by that and I also have infinite respect for our defense. They'll work out the kinks that have been exploited in the past couple of weeks and the big red machine will be ready to roll this Friday night. I can't wait.

FBE, Papa, you notice what I'm noticing? A real lack of response from the Central fans. I'm really shocked....I had figured for a real verbal sparring match.

Anyway, I agree with you both. This is a test. Central isn't as good as they were last year with Jackson. Jackson would have ran all over McCallie. I like Gaston, don't get me wrong. I'm just stating fact as I see it, like FBE was before.

I have the best of all worlds this week no matter what happens. My Yankees are in a tussel with the cursedsox, our Rebels get it on Friday nite, the Vols are gonna put #9 on Alabama (out of 10) and hopefully the Cowboys will remove their offensive head from their arse. (comic stand guy from simpson's): GREATEST SPORTS WEEK....EVER!! thumb

The Red Rebels can really frustrate Knox Central

No kickoffs that can be returned.

On offense, every drive as if its an opening-drive with all on the ground.

On defense, make Central throw the ball. With Zak running around in the backfield its not productive for Central. Gaston is good. But he wants outside and can be contained.

And my favorite. Hit the 1st reciever that tries to come ACROSS THE MIDDLE!

825389071[/snapback]

Nice hiku

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed that we aren't hearing more from the Central faithful. It's more fun that way. Maybe RebelRaider needs to get back on here and say some stuff to hack (I didn't know that other word I used was bad...it's in the Bible) them off. I wish AE would come back and talk some more midget football junk...at least that was funny!

Here it is just Tuesday and we're already on page five and fully in agreement that we'll see a Rebel victory. I guess it could be worse. We could all be on that Ooltewah/Soddy Daisy string that is already on page 29....NO THANKS!

Enjoy the week in sports Moyers. I hope that all your teams win in the consecutive order of Yanks, Rebels, and then Vols.

Edited by papa chaos

FBE, Papa, you notice what I'm noticing?  A real lack of response from the Central fans.  I'm really shocked....I had figured for a real verbal sparring match.

Anyway, I agree with you both.  This is a test.  Central isn't as good as they were last year with Jackson.  Jackson would have ran all over McCallie.  I like Gaston, don't get me wrong.  I'm just stating fact as I see it, like FBE was before.

I have the best of all worlds this week no matter what happens.  My Yankees are in a tussel with the cursedsox, our Rebels get it on Friday nite, the Vols are gonna put #9 on Alabama (out of 10) and hopefully the Cowboys will remove their offensive head from their arse.  (comic stand guy from simpson's): GREATEST SPORTS WEEK....EVER!!  thumb

825389055[/snapback]

You say Central isn't as good this year as they were last year, and imply they would have taken McCallie last year...but didn't McCallie play them up in Knoxville and beat them last year? That's what I thought, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks man. I'm gonna need it the way the Yanks have played the last 2 nites.

I really didn't expect this week to be like most others. Someone does need to call AE and get him in here....wait, he agreed with us though. We just can't win!!

Rebelraider!! We need you to spew like you've never spewed before. I saw your posts earlier man. You sounded a lil timid. Nooneparticular sounded a lil timid too. What's up ya'll? You've put it out there on the line every week....this week's no different!! We need you to bring it so we can get some response from the bobkittys.

Guys, I'll be easy to find this week. I will have my red Yankees hat on. There won't be anyone else there with a red yankees hat on. Just in case, my shirt will be red too.

Thanks man.  I'm gonna need it the way the Yanks have played the last 2 nites.

Guys, I'll be easy to find this week.  I will have my red Yankees hat on.  There won't be anyone else there with a red yankees hat on.  Just in case, my shirt will be red too.

825389155[/snapback]

Unless Fred Durst shows up... I mean, it is a big game.