Region 6a Showdown

thefan02

Congrats to the ENTIRE Mt. Pleasant Tiger football team and coaches!!!! Man O Man, What a game!!! THE JUNGLE was rocking like I'd never seen before, and when I left I saw no evidence that ANY "trees" were mowed down!! :D

Gotta give Wayne Co. a thumb , they never quit and Ruddle is just as good as ever. I am sooooooooo PROUD of the Tigers!!!! Now, lets go represent 6a well, that goes for Wayne Co., too. Lets show em what we got in 6a!!!!! thumb

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

way 2 go TIGERS. You came out strong and got the mo.Didn't get caught up in the hype.Good D and offense was strong. Enjoy til monday and let's get ready for Cascade. Good support there tonight,lot's of former players and alum came back to support you.Keep your head screwed on and be ready to go.Good job.Wildcats rest up the season is just getting ready to start.

IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW WE4B4THETIGERS thumb

Congrat's Tigers. I knew you guy's were the real deal. We played our butt's off last week against you guy's and you just kept coming. The defense you saw last week was pretty good again tonight. I think MC didn't have but about 3 first downs for the game. Zero yards in the second half.

You beat a good football team tonight. Good luck in the playoff's. Poor old region 6A may not be so weak after all.

well, mp whooped our tails tonight. that's all you can say. if we cut out the fumbles we had (three for td's) it might have been a little closer but i think that it was pretty obvious who was the better team tonight. mp is really strong. i have seen cpa play for the last five years in a row and yall have as many athletes as they have ever had. i know this kinda sounds stupid since we only scored 13 points but i truly believe that the privates will pick that d apart. i hope not cause i wish all of 6a the best of luck. i know yall can score on anybody but i just don't know if yall can keep a passing team off the board.

p.s. someone once told me that if the defending defense has more points that your offense, your gonna lose every time!!

i know of at least three fumbles where our backs weren't even touched. somethings gotta give.

the only thing that wc can come out positive about is that we know that wasn't our best effort tonight and hope to maybe get another shot in the playoffs at mp.

i was just wondering if mp's coaches really thaught that in order for them to win tonight that they had to score 51 points? there's no need for that. we could have scored that many against yall last year but we didn't. it's the worst show of sportsmanship that a coach can offer. i wouldn't be surprised that if wc can ever score 100 on mp that we do it. i don't think coach smith has any respect for anyone in the region and i doubt that anyone in the region respects him either. that's uncalled for. just remember coach, what goes around, comes around! good luck in the playoffs. maybe yall can beat a private or two like that!

Wildcat pride, your post was good, but you blew it in the end. You acknowledged that MP flat out beat WC - but then you have to make the old "runin" up the score comment.

I'm not from MP, and only attended the game as an observer - but it was obvious that MP did not run-up the score. If WC had had enough, why not pull your starters. The common practice is that the loser throws in the towel first. If the losing team gives-in and puts in their subs, then the team with the lead will put their subs in. WC still had their starters with 10:00 left in the game. If MP had been airing-out the ball, I might could understand your accusation about running-up the score. However, they were simplying running the ball & WC could not stop them. Give it up - maybe next year you can make amends for your loss tonight - but don't make stupid accusations.

I agree BURLEY. #5 Caleb Dugger does have heart, and he is a tough football player. Jamarcus graduates, then he'll be the #1 WR next year. (Has 9 TDs in 8 games this year). Third on the team in tackles. He plays hard every play. Maybe he'll be Mr. Football next year. His dad was an all-state LB. He helped coach when I was a Sr., still is helping I think.

825395152[/snapback]

Dugger is #3. Lee Davis is # 5.

it is understandable wildcat is upset he got his butt whipped and had to eat his words. but now MP will get some respect. and about running up the score we did not run up the score we just give you what we give everybody else so what is good for them is good for ya'll.

Edited by MPFAN

WOW!!!!!!!! What a showcase by the Tigers! Congrats to all the players! I could say so much about a lot of them tonight but it would take too long!! The crowd was great tonight, as loud as it gets in high school football! As for the tree chopping, i didn't see any, i thought i saw Mp supervising WC planting some more trees after the game actually!! A great start to the game with J Web with his classic jump ball catch for a touchdown. Theo eclipsing the 1000 yard mark on the season and a great game from him(Didn't see the shut down of MP's running game). And a BIG HIT by Roderick Whitaker on Ruddle, which seemed to send a message. MP was the better team obviously!! As for the score, Hey just STOP SOMEBODY!! If you want to talk about payback, we got ours tonight!!! So just take your whipping like a man and go on. Wayne Co. is a good football team and we wish you all the luck in the playoffs. Lets make Region 6 proud! Go Tigers!

i was just wondering if mp's coaches really thaught that in order for them to win tonight that they had to score 51 points?  there's no need for that.  we could have scored that many against yall last year but we didn't.  it's the worst show of sportsmanship that a coach can offer.  i wouldn't be surprised that if wc can ever score 100 on mp that we do it.  i don't think coach smith has any respect for anyone in the region and i doubt that anyone in the region respects him either.  that's uncalled for.  just remember coach, what goes around, comes around!  good luck in the playoffs. maybe yall can beat a private or two like that!

825395643[/snapback]

i totally agree but we cant say he only did it to us because he has done it all season but one thing is for sure our team will be back in a few years and his will be weak and this night will be remembered let him feel good about his self for now since it is the first year in a very long time for mp that they have had a team and dont get me wrong they are a strong team this year but no need in that crap

wildcats keep playing hard and strong the season isnt over and we can still finish strong and go into the playoffs with everyone feeling better and healthier so lets go cats