Father Ryan

Father Ryan Wrestling

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irishdad,

Just chill out a little.  This is going to be a long season (as they all are) with a young team and everyone associated with the program will need to show alot of patience until the coaching staff brings the young wrestlers up to the level they need to be at to compete for another championship.

825415883[/snapback]

Dear CBG,

Thank you. I will take your advice. It just struck me a wrong to bring up an incident that is a year old. I should listen to my wife and not lower myself to the stovepipe level. Thanks again. Good luck to your boys. Who do u support ? If you dont mind me asking?

Dear CBG,

Thank you. I will take your advice. It just struck me a wrong to bring up an incident that is a year old.  I should listen to my wife and not lower myself to the stovepipe level. Thanks again. Good luck to your boys. Who do u support ? If you dont mind me asking?

825415907[/snapback]

Guys, let's put a sock in any references to last year's clock/scoreboard incident--------that needs to be buried along with John Kerry's presidential hopes---------- and stop all this mindless chatter about spelling and typing-----------I doubt any of us would be first choice from the secretarial pool------------it's a waste of message board space and is getting in the way of any discussion/information about how Father Ryan is going to stack up this year, which is what this thread should be about.

Hook

Line

and Sinker

IrishDad, you get waaaaaaaay to riled up on here, you are known for it, and I got it out of you again. This is fun, message boards are fun, and I have waited a year to have some more fun with you. It obviously still bothers you, as evidence from your response.

As for my "destroying a kid in practice" comment. I simply meant that I wouldnt want a father of a teammate watch me beat his kid up while going live in practice. I assume you guys practice as hard as you wrestle in a live match. I also assume that one kid (the starter) usually has an easy time of it with some scrubby freshman but relentlessly attacks nonetheless. My point was that this could (and I was asking if it did) create an akward situation between parents watching this. Im sure Coach Simpson encourages his wrestlers to beat each other senseless while going live, I didnt mean he personally destroys his kids.

Now that Saggitarius has taken a beating (you know, the dead horse), I have no need to tell you who I am because you wouldnt know me anyway, so whats the point. As for my input with the Simpsons and Dunnings, you think you are clever, but how many hundreds of kids have attended their camps? I am one and I keep my ear to the ground so as to not get run over by the storming heard.

Hook

Line

and Sinker

IrishDad, you get waaaaaaaay to riled up on here, you are known for it, and I got it out of you again. This is fun, message boards are fun, and I have waited a year to have some more fun with you. It obviously still bothers you, as evidence from your response.

As for my "destroying a kid in practice" comment. I simply meant that I wouldnt want a father of a teammate watch me beat his kid up while going live in practice. I assume you guys practice as hard as you wrestle in a live match. I also assume that one kid (the starter) usually has an easy time of it with some scrubby freshman but relentlessly attacks nonetheless. My point was that this could (and I was asking if it did) create an akward situation between parents watching this.  Im sure Coach Simpson encourages  his wrestlers to beat each other senseless while going live, I didnt mean he personally destroys his kids.

Now that Saggitarius has taken a beating (you know, the dead horse), I have no need to tell you who I am because you wouldnt know me anyway, so whats the point. As for my input with the Simpsons and Dunnings, you think you are clever, but how many hundreds of kids have attended their camps? I am one and I keep my ear to the ground so as to not get run over by the storming heard.

825416141[/snapback]

Dear Stove,

I have never been one to ridicule some one in writing that I would not face or own up to who I was.

And yes I am very passionate about the Irish. I have been involved as a parent, board member and alumni for thirty years. So lets keep the talk focused on the boys and sportsmanship.

I am little emabrrassed that I did not keep my reaction in check it will not happen again. The incident that you mentioned was one that should never had been brought up. You showed a lack of class in doing so. And if it was done just to exact a reaction from me then job well done. I just can't fathom why you would do that. If you have a beef with me please email me @ matmayo@bellsouth.net we can talk.

My plans for this years posts started out very positive and that is where they will stay.

Thanks to all who brought me back in focus. Now lets wrestle.

P.S. The Irish looked good today.

Guys, let's  put a sock in any  references to last  year's  clock/scoreboard incident--------that needs to  be buried along with John Kerry's presidential hopes---------- and stop all this mindless chatter about  spelling and typing-----------I doubt any of us would be first choice from the secretarial pool------------it's a waste of message board space  and  is getting in the way of any  discussion/information about how Father Ryan is going to stack up this year, which is what this thread should be about.

825415992[/snapback]

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notre Dame defeated MBA's team last year at the state duals. Word is; they wrestled their JV...and they did. I'd still like to know why...not chivalrous.

irishdad: it's luck, not lock. Report to your English teacher...now!

ijtx: Wow. Piling on poor Irish dad. That's chivalrous? Given your views, why don't you contact the MBA coach and report back to all of us. Then we can put this all to rest and move on.

Notre Dame defeated MBA's team last year at the state duals.  Word is; they wrestled their JV...and they did.  I'd still like to know why...not chivalrous.

irishdad: it's luck, not lock.  Report to your English teacher...now!

ijtx:  Wow.  Piling on poor Irish dad.  That's chivalrous?  Given your views, why don't you contact the MBA coach and report back to all of us.  Then we can put this all to rest and move on.

825418911[/snapback]

Irishdad, do your folks wish that the State was all together? No private, no public schools divisions.

Just wondering. My cousins were State Champs at Father Ryan when it was all under one division and my sister was a Mat Girl in the 80's.

Edited by rigger101

Irishdad, do your folks wish that the State was all together?  No private, no public schools divisions. 

Just wondering.  My cousins were State Champs at Father Ryan when it was all under one division and my sister was a Mat Girl in the 80's.

825419395[/snapback]

Dear Rigger,

If the screaming eagle means that u r a member of the 101st , thank you for your service to our country. Good Bles you ur cousins and ur sister.

This has been discussed quite a bit amongst my beloved Irish parents. I think it helps wrestling. Not trying to knock the public schools but most of them do not have the same resources as the DII's. We have four coaches at Ryan. MBA has at least three and dedicated wrestling facilities. I am not sure every school has that.

Do you think that Bradley would beat Ryan or Baylor or McCallie or MBA? Probably not in a team situation. Not that they don't have quality wrestlers they do but overall I think the DII schools do better due to feeder systems, alumnus support, and just history in the sport. Not every public school has beeing wrestling as long as most DII"s

What is does do is take away some of the neighborhood rivalry. Which really applies to football. Becuz we still wrestle Overton, Mcgavock, Franklin and others who we do not play in football. As a kid neighborhood pride was a big deal.

Everyone please do not take this as an oppurtunity to beat me up. It is just an opinion. I have a great respect for anyone who gets on the mat. Not matter where they come from. Bottom line I think it works good for wrestling.

Dear Rigger,

If the screaming eagle means that u r a member of the 101st , thank you for your service to our country. Good Bles  you ur cousins and ur sister.

This has been discussed quite a bit amongst my beloved Irish parents. I think it helps wrestling. Not trying to knock the public schools but most of them do not have the same resources as the DII's. We have four coaches at Ryan. MBA has at least three and dedicated wrestling facilities. I am not sure every school has that.

Do you think that Bradley would beat Ryan or Baylor or McCallie or MBA? Probably not in a team situation. Not that they don't have quality wrestlers they do but overall I think the DII schools do better due to feeder systems, alumnus support, and just history in the sport.  Not every public school has beeing wrestling as long as most DII"s

What is does do is take away some of the neighborhood rivalry. Which really applies to football. Becuz we still wrestle Overton, Mcgavock, Franklin and others who we do not play in football.  As a kid  neighborhood pride was a big deal.

Everyone please do not take this as an oppurtunity to beat me up. It is just an opinion. I have a great respect for anyone who gets on the mat. Not matter where they come from. Bottom line I think it works good for wrestling.

825419494[/snapback]

I served with the 101st and 5th Special forces out of Ft Campbell. Thanks for the praise. Keep all those folks in your prayers.

I appreciate your view. I feel your right. Our team has been through 4 coaches in 5 years. We have 2 young men still in collage coaching our team. This will be their second season. They do a great job but they are young men who will be graduating in the next year and will probably leave and we have to start all over again.

We dominate the private schools in Knox County but the FR, MBA, Baylor, McCallie is another level. I do wish at the State Individual Championships that it was all together. Thanks for the reply. Also, this year look at the cost of your Tourney. It was the most expensive Tourney I went to except for the Nationals in Cleveland, OH.