Oficials should make the calls on both sides

honeysuckle38

How does a team win when they have -171 yards in penalties, well it shouldn't happen mathmatically, but it happens a lot at some small schools. Referees should call the same thing on both sides, but that rarely ever happens. I think these schools who get babied all the time are loosing, because they get babied all the time. Just remember what happens to these kids shows up on the field, when your babied you aren't really tough. When the referees walk you down the field to the 20 or 10 yard line and you still can't score, because you are playing a team that is tough that plays against the officals as well as the team they are facing every week don't be suprised you created them. You with you unfair calls your penalties for no reason. Try to remember that this will come back on you eventually.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a team win when they have -171 yards in penalties, well it shouldn't happen mathmatically, but it happens a lot at some small schools. Referees should call the same thing on both sides, but that rarely ever happens. I think these schools who get babied all the time are loosing, because they get babied all the time. Just remember what happens to these kids shows up on the field, when your babied you aren't really tough. When the referees walk you down the field to the 20 or 10 yard line and you still can't score, because you are playing a team that is tough that plays against the officals as well as the team they are facing every week don't be suprised you created them. You with you unfair calls your penalties for no reason. Try to remember that this will come back on you eventually.

825386744[/snapback]

PERFECT example happened to us, Campbell Co., this past week in Kingsport. We were playing Science Hill at their place and we had i think 15 penalties-Science Hill had 2?...most of which came after they saw the result of the play and decided to call a hold. Probably the worst one of all, we caught a 2-pt. conversion to go up by 4 with less than a min left and the side judge ruled it good.....then the ref that had screwed us over all night came over and said it was no good, prolly the worst call in the history of sports. Too bad that 12,13,14,15th men couldnt even make them win. Cougars 30-Science Hill and the refs 28

I could go for hours about officiating.  I saw a ref miss a far catch call Friday night and they guy ran it in for a td.  Top it.

825386804[/snapback]

Actually i can top it....same game, we recovered an onside kick CLEARLY! The ref that liked screwin us over so much was staring strait at it, and gave it to them. It was at a very crucial time in the game too. It was clear they were tryin to give the game to Science Hill. It was aweful

Actually i can top it....same game, we recovered an onside kick CLEARLY!  The ref that liked screwin us over so much was staring strait at it, and gave it to them.  It was at a very crucial time in the game too.  It was clear they were tryin to give the game to Science Hill.  It was aweful

825386813[/snapback]

I don't think the officials were trying to screw us, I just think they were that bad. At least be happy your officials were smart enought to be able to try to screw you. :)

That is untrue. I have seen referees telling the other sides coaches things the opponent is doing that will help them, as well as referees who have some family members playing on that team, and I have seen referees from that town. I know it is hard but if you aren't impartial then you orta stop wearing the strips. I saw a game in Onieda where the referees all went by what the head ref said without question even when he could not have seen the play for love nor money, then after the game I over heard him telling the other refs that he wasn't about to have Onieda on his back anymore this year. Onieda won that game and the referees walked them into the end zone, called back several good touch downs back it was awlful. I would hate to know I had done something like that to kids.

I'll make one point, and make it very clear....if you have never worn the stripes, you have little right for your gripes!  Its a tough job guys and no official on the field gives a crap about one team over another...just call em like you see em, if you see 'em! :angry:

825386965[/snapback]

I realize it is tough, but when the grandmothers in the crowd can spot a penalty from 20 rows up, surely the refs on the field can see it RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. I'm not talking about holding or something somewhat subjective, I mean missing fair catches and blatant facemasks.

Oh yeah, another classic call from that game was when a guy got tackled out of bounds, the ref was reaching in his pocket to pull the flag, realized which sideline he was on, then decided not to throw it.

And darnref, I will back up my talk because I am considering doing the referee thing.