OCCHS Fans....

Purple & Gold Standard

Nobody is harder on the coaches than themselves. Knowing this coaching staff, I know they take all the blame for this season. I'm sure they will work hard as soon as the season is over to get ready for next year. But from a players standpoint, and to quote a former Rebel coach "Don't say you want to be a Champion, and not do the things it takes to be a Champion".

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is harder on the coaches than themselves. Knowing this coaching staff, I know they take all the blame for this season. I'm sure they will work hard as soon as the season is over to get ready for next year.  But from a players standpoint, and to quote a former Rebel coach "Don't say you want to be a Champion, and not do the things it takes to be a Champion".

825392536[/snapback]

Good Post

looks like the rebels are the doormat this year. you all keep saying that oc has played several young guys this year and wait till next. if i am not mistaking gibson and dyer county has also played several young guys as well. the choctaws have only 6 seniors so next season and the next should be very interesting. just maybe when the choctaws come to troy next year it will be for the region crown. that would be neat.

i guess if you had to blame someone for the 2-6 start i would have to say that the rebels defense wasnt up to par. maybe a few position changes would of helped. but really it all falls back to coaching. a def cor. would benefit yall a lot.

good luck to the rebels the next two weeks and maybe coach bowling will finally start preparing for next year and play some of the younger guys who have worked there butts off and deserve to play.

once again good luck to the rebels from a choctaw fan.

Come on son......Dyer Co's head coach was 3-19 going into the OC game and Gibson Co was on a 38 game losing streak....DOORMAT MATERIAL...Good luck in Memphis though...If Kingsbury holds on to the Region in Mempho...You guys will  get beat about as bad as Mem Southside did....76-8.Is that sour grapes???Probably...But look down at my signature.....Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser.....

825389939[/snapback]

they may beat us like that but they would beat yall like a drum.

they may beat us like that but they would beat yall like a drum.

825393692[/snapback]

You won't get an argument from me on that....LOL...But the Rebs did beat Kingsbury last year......Although that means nothing this year....Your post about the defense was correct...And doormat...Yea considering we are last place...Can't argue with ya there either....And as Ole J.R says "Business is about to pick up" in this region the next 4 years....With the addition of Dyersburg and either Haywood or Crockett and the loss of Gibson Co and Brighton....And at least you guys get to make the trip to Memphis....

The loss of Garret Grady has been the most difficult blow of all.I think if he hadn't got injured we would be 4-4 right now instead of 2-6.

825394924[/snapback]

You are correct....Cheer for me tonight and help the Rebs bring home a win....

Another thing..Don't you just wonder how the season had of gone if we would have scored that first drive of the season against McKenzie when we went no-huddle and moved like a hot knife thru butter on the "other Rebels" ??..Had the penalties and the turn-over close in...Kind of a preview of how the season was going to turn out....

Edited by occhsfanviachattanooga

Alot of if's played into this season but none fell our way. As a senior parent, I would like to say that this has been a great four years although this year has not gone the way we would have hoped I will forever carrying great memories of REBEL FOOTBALL. Enjoy the times you have left in the program and never be found guilty of not giving it your all.

I Live in Martin and have a grandson that playes for Westview, which makes me charger fan, also I am a OCCHS alum of 40 years ago and still a rebel fan. It sure is uneasy rooting for both teams. I still hurt when I see the rebs having a bad year, just as it hurt for chargers to go through a season like last year. Yes I heard so groanings last year about the coaching but when you can see some improvements because of good coaching it usually stops. I don't know much about the OC coaches but I think giving them another year to see how it turns around. Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of run only game that OC run most of it's history. Let's see what happens . I remember what it was like in the basketball program before Whitby came, it was walk up the court to an empty gym. I hope it doesn't happen to the football program. Wait till next year.