Richland @ Loretto

Waverly @ Montgomery Central

Playoff Possibilities

1st- Winner of the Fairview-Cheatham Co. game

2nd- Loser of Fairview-Cheatham Co. game

3rd- Lewis Co., Richland, or Loretto can still attain this spot

4th- Lewis Co., Richland, or Loretto can still attain this spot

Summary and Thought

The top two spots in the region will go to Fairview and Cheatham Co. The order will be determined by their meeting in Week 10. The final two spots are up for grabs between three teams. I think the match-up to watch is the Richland @ Loretto match-up. Waverly is eliminated due to having only one win total on the season.

This is how I think the region will finish out

1. Fairview (8-2, 6-0)

2. Cheatham Co. (8-2, 5-1)

3. Lewis Co. (6-4, 4-2)

4. Loretto (5-5, 2-4)

5. Richland (3-7, 2-4)

6. Waverly (2-8, 2-4)

7. Harpeth (0-10, 0-6)

Any one have any opinions? Remember my thoughts are not endorsed by anyone else and these are all authentic Gerry Bertier thoughts.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also believe Richland has a decent chance of beating Lewis Co. but having seen both teams play I have to favor the Panthers. They are seem more physical than Richland which is important because neither team throws the ball very well. If Richland can run and pass, they have a shot at the Panthers. It would not surprise me if Richland won, but I just have a gut feeling they won't. Good luck to both the Raiders and Panthers Friday Night.

By the way, what do you guys think about Fairview's Kicker? I mean this kid has a leg. Has anyone see him warm-up before the game. Wow!! He is only a sophmore so he will only get more accurate and add more distance.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

Gerry, your wrong about Harpeth's playoff chances.

If Harpeth beats Waverly & Lewis Co.--they will 2-4 in Region 5-AA

If Richland beats Lewis Co. and Loretto--Richland is in at 3rd place and Lewis will have a 2-4 record and Loretto will have only 1 region win.

Waverly will have only 1 region win with its loss to Harpeth.

So, you have Cheatham-Fairview-Richland in, with Lewis Co. and Harpeth tied with a 2-4 record and Harpeth will go with its last game win over Lewis Co.

Waverly and Loretto will have only one region win.

The 2-8 Indians would be in!!!

Gerry, your wrong about Harpeth's playoff chances.

If Harpeth beats Waverly & Lewis Co.--they will 2-4 in Region 5-AA

If Richland beats Lewis Co. and Loretto--Richland is in at 3rd place and Lewis will have a 2-4 record and Loretto will have only 1 region win.

Waverly will have only 1 region win with its loss to Harpeth.

So, you have Cheatham-Fairview-Richland in, with Lewis Co. and Harpeth tied with a 2-4 record and Harpeth will go with its last game win over Lewis Co.

Waverly and Loretto will have only one region win.

The 2-8 Indians would be in!!!

825391783[/snapback]

nope cuz it will be a tie breaker and they go by best overall record and lewis county already has harpeth beat there . So harpeth is out.

Ok if you think that Harpeth will beat Waverly and Lewis Co., you need to take your head to Vandy and get it checked. They are still mathematically in, but realistically they aren't. Harpeth be happy if you beat Waverly. Blaker45, if there is a two way tie, the tiebreaker is head to head. I didn't think anyone cared about Harpeth but I guess there still some fan support. Hey if Harpeth makes the playoffs I will retire from Coach T, how about that? Yeah, dback I am sure Coach Mac has stressed the importance of every scoring opportunity for these next two weeks and into the playoffs.

im sick and tired of all these people talking about how richland has no passing game as far as i know we have the 2nd best in the region. And our receivers are very good. Im mean all in all richland has the best receivers in the region. If you haters dont think so try to guard us. As i told waverly" U CANT GUARD ME"!!!!

Edited by RidinSplinters