Vols Vs Bama

TigerMoM1

Well, its the week of the Tennessee/ Bama game finally!! I always look foward to this game every year, but it seems to have lost the great "rivalry" status that it had for so many years B)

I think the Vols win this one in a slug-fest , tho! GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!

BEAT BAMA!!! thumb

Edited by TigerMoM1

I'm a Vol fan and even though Bama is down, don't count them out. The backup QB has been filling in just fine and the rivalry is as strong as ever. But, enter the lawsuit against Phil Fulmer for his role in exposing, or shall I say, confirming their closet of skeletons to the NCAA and you have a game filled with unprecedented emotion for Alabama. Emotion can win ball games. It can win big ball games at times. It is very fortunate for Phil that the game is in Knoxville. If it were in Tuscaloosa, he'd have to wear armor to survive the attacks. B)

I'm a Vol fan and even though Bama is down, don't count them out. The backup QB has been filling in just fine and the rivalry is as strong as ever. But, enter the lawsuit against Phil Fulmer for his role in exposing, or shall I say, confirming their closet of skeletons to the NCAA and you have a game filled with unprecedented emotion for Alabama. Emotion can win ball games. It can win big ball games at times. It is very fortunate for Phil that the game is in Knoxville. If it were in Tuscaloosa, he'd have to wear armor to survive the attacks. :D

825391520[/snapback]

I'm stationed in Montgomery, AL. This lawsuit is all you hear about on sports talk radio. People from AL claiming to be in fear of their life if they travel to Knox. What a bunch of hype to get these 'bama fans to listen to a mediocre show. You don't hear anything about Auburn; they are still holding their breath after last years collapse. Anyway I'll be proudly wearing the Orange today during PT. 3 more months and I’ll be moving back to TN for good!

I hate Alabama. Their fans are usually very cordial, but I despise their team and always will. Here's what I posted on ESPN.com:

I went down to Tuscaloosa last year and had a spectacular time. As Vol fans sitting in the Alabama section, we were treated very kindly and with a great deal of respect. I hope every Bama fan in attendance tomorrow receives comparable treatment.

Having said that, let me say this...the Bama band (I believe they call it the Ten Cent Band...what's with them running on and off the field??) played tonight at the high school game I was broadcasting, and I about threw up when they played "Yea, Alabama" (creative fight song name, let me tell ya) as the team ran onto the field. I enjoy tapping my toes to the song, but hearing it in East Tennessee about make me throw up the superb voice lubricator known as Pepsi, two of which I drank before kickoff (sounds like Alabama fans and Jack Daniels, the only thing from Tennessee for which they'd give their lives).

Anyway, to the previous poster who loves blaming Fulmer for simply helping expose the roaches crawling within the Tide's ship...the NCAA makes a great exterminator, regardless of who lets them know there are bugs in the area. The Bama administration should be ashamed that it took other schools to turn them in -- classy institutions tend to self-investigate and impose their own sanctions.

But it's about a game tomorrow, so I'll simply say this: Bama won't be catching Tennessee red-handed in any way; the only red hands in Neyland Stadium will belong to the Bama players as they wipe a second shade of crimson from their jerseys -- the crimson flow of blood.

Good luck tomorrow, Alabama; I hope we show you a good time and a nightmarish game.

What a game! Neyland stadium was rocking. I mean it was really rocking. lol My first experience at Knoxville and I loved it. I couldn't ask for a better time there as Bama is my least favorite team and we beat them at home. Was good to meet you Wesvols. Sorry I didn't hang around for the kick-off show but after the band went through had to go get something to eat before the game. Everyone who is a VOL fan needs to experience a game in Neyland.