Big Games in Memphis!

kwc

Why do all of ya'll pick Gtown to beat Collierville? Germantown got lucky last week with the victory over White Station. Collierville will come out pumped like they were against Houston and White Station and beat Germantown this year.

825393713[/snapback]

dragon12:

Germantown beat White Station 33-14. That's not lucky. That's a butt whipping!. I think Collierville loses because I think Germantown's back is against the wall, and they will shut down Hall enough to beat them. I think Germantown eats up clock with their running game, and I don't think Collierville will be able to slow them enough to outscore them. Until I see otherwise ... That's what I'm going to think.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

acmoney:

LOL! I knew somebody would do their homework and look at Ridgeway's record and think I am crazy. I'm not crazy. Just wait and see what I tell you. Everybody is going to say that Ridgeway beating White Station is an upset after it happens. I'm telling you that Ridgeway is waaaaaayyyyyy better then their record. Just wait and see. They are the 2nd seed in Region 8-4A for a reason. I'm even going to go further. I think Ridgeway beats Haywood in the 2nd round of the playoff's to face the winner of the J.C.M./Melrose game.

I'm being as serious as a heart attack!

825392946[/snapback]

Excellent call, KWC. White Station has a championship-caliber offense, but they don't have the defense to go with it.

There's a possibility, if Whitehaven wins next week, that tonight's game could end up taking White Station out of the playoffs!?

Man you have got to be kidding me...and for that matter everyone in Memphis...to be blunt, Ridgeway has no chance of beating White Station..They are a solid team but they are what?...3-4, dont get me wrong they have beaten some very good teams this year....but i dont really see them getting by such a strong offensive attack, especially one such as skilled as White Station.....

825392724[/snapback]

To be blunt...that is why they play the game!!!!! Ridgeway beat White Station 42-14.

I understand that on the radio they didn't give Ridgeway much credit...said White Station was playing bad, shooting themselves in the foot, etc. And if you look at the stats in the paper tomorrow, it will look like they were probably right. They rushed for 172 yards and threw for 260 (I think). They ran 71 offensive plays and picked up 21 first downs. Ridgeway, had 188 yards on the ground, 190 in the air, 9 first downs. They only ran 30 offensive plays but scored touchdowns on five of them! Their other TD was on an interception return.

Ridgeway improves to 4-4 on the season after starting off 0-4...they seem to be peaking at the right time.

one of white stations TD's was set up to a pass that actually HIT the ground first then bounced into the w.s. hands and the ref did not see because he was not at the right angle....it really should have been a 42-7 game and then the last 2 plays of the game the r'way player intercepted a pass and actually r/way could have run it into the end zone with :08 on the clock and they opted to take a knee so it could have been worse for white station ...... more like 7- 48!

Congrats to the Roadrunners...playing that tough schedule to start the year is gonna pay off come playoff time..BTW Haywood looked very beatable against Bartlett tonight.

825395899[/snapback]

Bartlett definitely could have won that one. Went for a 4th and goal at the 1 and the roll-out pass got tipped. Haywood's first touchdown happened in large part because of two blocks in the back that weren't called.

Maybe Haywood was looking ahead to the playoffs and trying not to show much, but they didn't look as good as I expected.

acmoney:

You still think I'm crazy? I told you ... I'm looking forward to another Ridgeway/Melrose showdown in Orange Mound come the 3 week of the playoffs. Man 5A and 4A playoff games are tough ... from the 1st week on through to the 3rd round in regions 7 and 8! Whew! poor ole Jackson Central Merry will have to face Memphis East in the 1st round of the playoffs. If they get past that ... they get to play Melrose @ Melrose ... Yippeee!!!! ... LOLOLOL! ... Whew!