BEST RETURNING WRESTLERS

TS4500

Sommers. The only thing thats obvious is that you dont know that much about Bradley. You said they return 3 or 4 starters. How about 5 who ended the season.

Johnson 103

Creagan 125

Ensminger 135

Spain 152

Grady hwt

The number is 8 When you consider Morris 103 first half of last year, Sively 215 and Heavy first half of last year, and Fuller, 6th in the state 2 years ago could not compete last year due to aggrvated knee injury. Thats 8 with considsiderable varsity experience.

I see you backed off the seven finalist prediction and now just want to bet on gold. Something we were in agreement about that Franklin is the best team and shoud win. Thats the obvious pick. Just understand Bradley is deeper than you think.

Also as I told you Morris is a junior and if you want to know more Ill tell you what class the rest are in so you can be enlightend There are others not mentioned that will figure in. As you said the proof will be on the mat. At this point Franklin is the pick.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soms, I believe that Franklin has more wrestlers with points earned from last years state tournament than any other team. With that said, I would say it makes them the favorite this year.

Hey Brickhousechick, you're all over it. Bradley's new wrestlers are guys who were last years backups to wrestlers like Tinsley, Cordell, West, Baker, Gibson, Blackmon, Cooper and Bailey. I'd guess some of those backups could have started for alot of teams in the state. Some of the backup wrestlers last year actually lost some very close challenge matches to wrestlers that won state or placed in the state. So while Bradley's line up doesn't return as many wrestlers that scored points in last years state tourney but they have wrestlers that should do well in this years tournament. Time will tell.........

If Dunning gets rolling he will major Bundy.  Bundy is strong but does not have the firepower to hang.  I think the better match would be Bundy vs. Manson.  Any chance we will see that one.

825400291[/snapback]

Bundy and Manson have wrestled a few times but I do not think in a high school match. To the best of my kowledge, there are no tounaments where Hendersonville and Baylor will meet.

If I am not mistaken, Manson beat Bundy in the AAU state tournament very solidly and then teched him in the freestyle state tournament. Although this is not high school competition, as far as predictions are concerned, these matches definently ought to play into it. I do not think that Bundy has the horsepower and mean-streak to stay with Manson this year. If Mtnwrasslin' is correct, they will not wrestle this year and that would be a shame.

I have to go with my favorite Rick Mcknight. He has worked so hard over the summer, even placed 8th at the NHSCA Nationals at Virginia Beach. He is gonna be awesome this year. don't forget about Tyler Wright from East Ridge second in state last year lost to John Lane Soddy Daisy. Ryan Fuller is very strong, he should have beatne Cordell last year (-cough- pretty much did but Cordell stalled and found a miraculous way to pull one out). Manson from Baylor is tough. Minwell Clarksville took second, losing to Gibson. And of corse the DUHS that are returning, Dix (1st), Knox (2nd) , Bundy (1st), Coleman (2nd), Felix (2nd).....etc....guys like them!