MBA vs. Riverdale

stephenzca

their QB Lance Phillips was from Lavergne and he rode over there everyday with Miki Allen from Murfreesboro who later played at UT so I guess your no one would drive argument is shot.

82cat, you're a smart person and I've enjoyed your posts on this site, but please talk about what you know, not what you don't. Mikki Allen was from Murfreesboro and Phillips was from Lavergne, but they were the only BA players to live that far away. All the others were from the greater Nashville area.

And what kind of recruiting evidence is it that two players lived 30 minutes or more from the school? If they were from another state, your point might be valid, but they were from a few miles away and wanted to come to Brentwood Academy. You didn't -- and can't -- prove they were recruited.

As for the "college-style" recruiting that you allege, again, please stick to facts of which you are aware. I knew every player on the team when I was there, and the system was clean while I attended BA. All the hubbub got started when Neely's Bend Middle School misinterpreted a phone call that was simply informing a student that there would be no spring practice that day -- a student who had already been cleared by the TSSAA to attend spring practice.

Now it'd be lovely if we steered this thread to its original intent instead of dwelling on the same stagnant accusations and defenses.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen, RedTwin.

I knew as soon as I saw this thread on the board, that when I clicked on it, I would be reading about how MBA recruits and can get anybody they want and how rich the kids are and bla bla bla...its a tired and ignorant argument. Some of you on this thread use broad generalizations and no factual evidence to support your arguments. At times, it is reckless. Please, have a little respect.

Thanks for your kind words

If you want to go on believing brentwood academy never recruited anyone that is certainly your right.

By the way It sounds like I knew exactly what I was talking about responding to another post concerning players driving from the m,boro area since you verified it.

I got off on BA becuase it is my opininon and a majority of others in the public section they caused the entire split period and that is why MBA and Riverdale as well others don't play.

82cat, I am not a Brentwood Academy supporter, but so what if Mikki Allen was from Murfreesboro and Lance Phillips from LaVergne? Its a private school. By nature, they must seek out students to attend the school. I grew up in Franklin and drove 30 minutes to school at MBA each day. So what. My parents wanted me to attend the best school in Nashville and could afford it, so I went. Sure I played football, but was by no means recruited out of Williamson County to play sports there. Should I not have been allowed to go there because I didn't live in West Nashville? Absolutely not. Same with Lance and Mikki at BA.

This has turned into recruiting board material. When a private school has a great athlete, they are recruited :lol: When a kid transfers from one school in a County school to another, and his or her parents rent an apartment to have an address in the town, it's fair. Well, this is the way that the TSSAA and folks in rural areas think. Fair, no, but that is one reason for the multiplier and the the resentment. If I lived in Rutherford County, and had a young football player and he wanted to try to get a college scholarship, you bet I'd do anything to play for Coach Rankin.

And to go with the previous post, what is to say that those two former BA players didn't go there just because it is a better academic institution than wherever they were zoned to? I doTo bring this back to the original topic, I know all the Riverdale players would claim they would beat MBA any year, but does anyone have a coaches take on why Riverdale won't play MBA? And yes I say they won't play MBA because that's the truth.

And to go with the previous post, what is to say that those two former BA players didn't go there just because it is a better academic institution than wherever they were zoned to? I doTo bring this back to the original topic, I know all the Riverdale players would claim they would beat MBA any year, but does anyone have a coaches take on why Riverdale won't play MBA? And yes I say they won't play MBA because that's the truth.

825393362[/snapback]

Why does it bother you so much? If they had played every year since Columbus discovered America, MBA would have won some and Riverdale would have won some. All I really worry about is this year, and hoping to see Riverdale playing in Week 15. That's 15, not 13 or whatever D-II schools get to play.

D-II supporters say the recruiting claims get old - same goes for the Rankin bashing. I don't know if privates recruit, and I don't know why Riverdale does not play MBA. I also really don't care.

Edited by Riverdale

Fine, riverdale isn'r scared of MBA, they just wont play a game against them. MBA would have won the majority. RHS claims those 2 out of 7 scrimmages that the third team keeps them close. It's obvious Rankin can't hang with D-II and he can't get a job because he won't put himself on the line against someone who might beat him. It was not MBA who started the split. Why did Gary Rankin want the MBA job so bad if it wan't so competitive? Silver Balls is my only guess.

Edited by Redtwin