pre preseason top 10

mjuhb

Keep thinking what you want to think. I have watched Oak Ridge this fall in their fall league and they are going be better than what you think. I think they will win their district this year and will have just as good of a shot as anyone else will to win the region.

I think that Powell has a very good team also in this district and remind me alot of Oak Ridge with just having two players and the rest role players. The loss of Powell ast. coach will hurt them but I expect big things from Holifield this year and she will carry this team to the region semis and once you make that stage anything can happen.

Just like you don't underestimate Rick Insell in March you darn sure don't need to underestimate Jill Prudden.

825397711[/snapback]

oak ridge is oak ridge...pride and tradition will always carrythis team...their talent may be considered weak but weak talent in oak ridge does not always result in weak seasons...watchout for teh lady wildcats..they ar always good...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By Oak Ridge standards, their tallent level is down and if they do not make the trip to the Boro and play in the final game, then they consider it a down year. By most people's standards making the regional tournament is considered a success, but not at schools like Oak Ridge and a few others. Anyway, I still believe they will be down by their standards.

i think this year the battle for the golden ball will be decided in wilson county, with a possibility of an all wilson county final. with the starting five of mj coming back and the depth it has created with the emergence of megee and the pickup of vanatta who can shoot the rock fryar will be able to go deep in the bench this year with many weapons. and central who will bring back their best players in oconnell, gassie, and antone downlow. it should be an exciting two games between these two teams and possibly and district game and region game as well.

1 mj

2 greenville

3 craigmount

4 wilson

5 powell

6 heritage

7 jackson ns

8 columbia

9 jefferson

10 ridgeway

825393675[/snapback]

fixed to start of season

1 craigmont

2 mj

3 columbia

4 wilson

5 jackson ns

6 powell

7 heritage

8 greenville

9 jefferson co

10 daniel boone

rest bradley

cleveland

riverdale

shelbyville

dickson co

brentwood

antioch

houston

ridgeway

fixed to start of season

1 craigmont

2 mj

3 columbia

4 wilson

5 jackson ns

6 powell

7 heritage

8 greenville

9 jefferson co

10 daniel boone

rest  bradley

cleveland

riverdale

shelbyville

dickson co

brentwood

antioch

houston

ridgeway

825431077[/snapback]

Not a bad top ten i agree with the first three and you could put them in any order however before its all said and done Shelbyville will have a say in it and make no mistake about it when the elmination games start no one will want to be playing them!

The top ten teams in AAA to start the season will be like this:

1. Craigmont

2. Columbia

3. Mt. Juliet

4. Powell

5. Oak Ridge

5. Wilson

7. White County

8. Greeneville

9. Shelbyville

10. Ridgeway

This should be everyone's top ten and not necessarily in this order but these are the top ten teams in the state, that is if we are being unbiased! thumb

1. Mt. Juliet

2. Wilson Central

3. Craigmont

4. Greeneville

5. Columbia

6. Heritage

7. Jackson North Side

8. Smyrna

9. White Co.

10. Oak Ridge

And YES I am leaving Shelbyville out of the Top 10. They lost too much off last years team. Sure they have a great program but I don't see them being a major force this year. I look for Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central to play FIVE TIMES this season with the FINAL meeting being in the State Championship Game in Murfreesboro.

WOW !!!! just think how strong MJ could have been if Wilson Central had not opened..... Can you say UNBEATABLE..... pretty close to it.

• 3 weeks later...