rocky top

BHSbruins08

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland[/url]' date='Oct 24 2004 - 09:57 PM']go figure, the fella from osu keeps the victors from being in its true spot, #1

825398599[/snapback]

i don't know i bleed blue and maize but i think ND has us on the song but no doubt they are the top 2. i say ND and U of M have their bands fight to see which is better.

Hmmmm...probably not the best HS fight song...kinda neat that the cheerleaders have a routine that they can perform to it...don't know that it inspires a HS team. If the CROWD is singing along, it's really makes a difference on the field, IMHO...think of all the soccer games in Europe, kind of neat when the fans are in to it. Sometimes it gets loud down here in 6AA when it is played.

Switching to college, it worries the pants off of opponents who come into Neyland! I think it is a GREAT fight song up there just because UT's opponents HAVE to hear it 50 times a game! I'll bet THEY wish THEY had a song that "annoying" (to opponents)....

...'course it's MUSIC to MY ears! Go Vols! Beat the Lil' Red Low Country Chickens!

:D

Coming from a UT student, formerly a Vanderbilt fan...When i wasnt associated with UT i absolutely hated Rocky Top and everything it stood for. Now that I am here, I cant get enough of it. It is scary that I have become what I once hated, but it's hard not to when you go to school here. Whether you love it or hate it, Rocky Top is still argueably the most popular fight song in the southeastern conference. Before you jump all over me, try and sing the UGA, Auburn, and Florida fight songs. If you arent a fan of those schools it is unlikely you would know it or maybe even recognize it by ear. However, I guarentee you every single UF, AU, and UGA fan could recognize Rocky Top and even know some words. UGA can spell 'Georgia' all they want. Auburn can fly that War D*** Eagle all over the field. Vanderbilt can run through a V into a stadium of Eisenhower era alumni and rich white high school kids. But there is nothing better than the feeling of watching the Vols run through that T into Neyland.

How did this even stay in high school thread????

Well yeah! haha... essentially they've stolen 2 songs and made sure that most people would never be the wiser because they took the songs from 1. an Ivy League school who most people would never hear their fight song 2. a small(private for years) local school with almost NO history of athletic excellence...

Basically UT is as unoriginal as it gets! haha

Don't like "Rocky Top"? Well, you'd hate me then. My cell phone rings to the tune of Rocky Top. I have a whole room in my home thats nothing but Vols Prints on the walls, a orange and white ceiling fan, framed newspaper articles dating back to 1997, orange and white curtains, the whole room is nothing but "Vols" stuff!! B)

And of course, my most prized possession, my 8x10 photo that Peyton Manning sent to me , signed to me!!! ( I even kept the envelope he sent it to me in ) I absolutley LOVE Tennessee football. There is NOTHING like being in Neyland Stadium come game day!!! GO BIG ORANGE!!! Kinda gives you a "giddy" feeling!! :blink: