rocky top

BHSbruins08

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocky Top isn't on the list you hold so dear (even though it's only one man's opinion) because it isn't Tennessee's official fight song, and is therefore not eligible for consideration.

Whether you love Rocky Top or despise, it, you have to admit that it's one of the catchiest fight songs played on gridirons anywhere.

I was watching a HS game on ESPN 2 last week and it involved two teams from other states. I don't even remember where but it wasn't Tennessee. You could hear one of the bands playing Rocky Top during the 3rd quarter. For teams from other states to be playing it.... it has to be good.......

Rocky Top is the best college football song ever and I'll tell you why. Because the fans have made it the best. UT fans embrace everything about UT football. They don't half heartedly do anything. Rocky Top is the best because the fans have given it no chance to be anything less. The hair on the back of my neck stands up when the vols run through the "T". I start thinking about past vol players and games. And I can hear john ward's voice loud and clear "No sirree, No sirree", followed by bellowing vol fans singing and screaming rocky top to the top of their lungs. Rocky top isn't just a song it's tradition with intimidation and attitude. You can't beat UT pride and you can't beat rocky top.

Youre right UT fans do EVERYTHING all out!... From Cheering for their team when things are going well, to leaving at halftime when they aren't(e.g. UGA and Auburn games over last few years) ... They fly their UT flags to no end when the Vols win and you KNOW, NONE will be flying after a loss! UT fans are bandwagoners... except the ones I see wearing their Orange not just on Saturday(Gameday) Sunday(Hunting) and Monday-Friday(Picking up trash on the side of the road)

And why would Rocky Top not be their official fight song?? I mean it cannot be because you don't think it's right since its STOLEN(UTC), Their official song is stolen from Yale!

Oh and you are right, I would not like you ... but not because of the Vols(I have plenty of friends who are HUGE UT fans) Someone who is that obsessed with someone else' life, and has an entire room devoted to someone else' accomplishments is well... Ill just stop before I say something I shouldn't

Edited by stayNskool

When did this stop being a H.S. football site about a college fight song used at high school games and start being a Hate UT thread?? Just curious. .... If you don't like UT, fine, but take it to the SEC Rivals boards and keep it off of here. .... BACK TO THE FRIGGIN' TOPIC -- Yes, it is an overused and possibly over-rated fight song, for high schools. Maybe that's because virtually every state band -- from the big, national competition bands to the little pee-shooter bands with 40 kids -- try to play it. As far as I'm concerned, the only place for Rocky Top to be played is at a UT game by the Pride of the Southland Band. Now, about those lyrics ..... :lol:

Youre right UT fans do EVERYTHING all out!... From Cheering for their team when things are going well, to leaving at halftime when they aren't(e.g. UGA and Auburn games over last few years) ... They fly their UT flags to no end when the Vols win and you KNOW, NONE will be flying after a loss! UT fans are bandwagoners... except the ones I see wearing their Orange not just on Saturday(Gameday) Sunday(Hunting) and Monday-Friday(Picking up trash on the side of the road)

And why would Rocky Top not be their official fight song?? I mean it cannot be because you don't think it's right since its STOLEN(UTC), Their official song is stolen from Yale!

Oh and you are right, I would not like you ... but not because of the Vols(I have plenty of friends who are HUGE UT fans) Someone who is that obsessed with someone else' life, and has an entire room devoted to someone else' accomplishments is well... Ill just stop before I say something I shouldn't

825403158[/snapback]

I did not say it was dedicated to one individule, It is dedicated to the University that I love. Oh, and just so you know, win or lose I will proudly wear my orange no matter how bad they lose. Some fans may indeed be "bandwagon" fans, I ASSURE you I am not one! Obsessed? No, it is just my hobby of collecting things about UT!

Fair enough...

825403343[/snapback]

Hey, arguing with a UT fan is like, arguing with a UT fan.

The irony of Saturday in Knoxville is that 10% of the fans have actually gone to UT. The rest are high school graduates who have gas and ticket money, know all the words to Rocky Top and have a lifetime supply of Big Orange paraphernalia. They're all college football experts. 50% think Fulmer doesn't throw enough. 50% think he doesn't run enough. 95% can't find their cars after the game.

please tell me one school that has more fans stay after half time when there gettin beat by 30 pts.. you can critisize UT all you want but u act like there the only ones that do it. when we beat SC 2 years ago there fans left once we got the lead and we werent up by that much. If your a fan that is gonna stay and watch a beatin your stupid.