rocky top

BHSbruins08

Actually, does Rocky Top even qualify as a fight song?  No.  I just got back from the Dickson County-Brentwood game, and at one point during the 2nd quarter, Dickson County had the nerve to play that song.  I'll admit, it's a good song, but it's kinda overrated.  Anybody agree/disagree?  Post comments here.

--Adam brown

BHS class of 08

825395527[/snapback]

AGREE!!! I can not stand that song. It has nothing to do with football, nothing to do with winning, nothing to do with ANYTHING relevant unless you are a goat herder living in the tip top of the country hills! A woman that is half animal? Drinking moonshine? Yeah, that is what football is all about.....LMAO :blink:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocky Top

by Boudleax and Felice Bryant

Wish that I was on ol' Rocky Top

Down in the Tennessee hills

Aint' no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top

Ain't no telephone bills

Once I had a girl on Rocky Top

Half bear, other half cat

Wild as a mink,

but sweet as soda pop

I still dream about that.

Rocky Top you'll always be

Home sweet home to me

Good ol' Rocky Top

Rocky Top Tennessee,

Rocky Top Tennessee

Once two strangers climbed ol' Rocky Top

Lookin' for a moonshine still

Strangers ain't come down from Rocky Top

Reckon they never will

Home sweet home to me

Good ol' Rocky Top

Rocky Top Tennessee,

Rocky Top Tennessee

Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top

Dirt's too rocky by far

That's why all the folks on Rocky Top

Get their corn from a jar

Home sweet home to me

Good ol' Rocky Top

Rocky Top Tennessee,

Rocky Top Tennessee

I've had years of cramped-up city life

Trapped like a duck in a pen

All I know is it's a pity life

Can't be simple again

Home sweet home to me

Good ol' Rocky Top

Rocky Top Tennessee,

Rocky Top Tennessee

GO COUGARS!!! :huh:

825404338[/snapback]

I don't see the "wheee!" parts. It's so neat when 100,0000+ sing "wheee" at the same time. It's my favorite part!

I don't see the "wheee!" parts. It's so neat when 100,0000+ sing "wheee" at the same time. It's my favorite part!

825405507[/snapback]

im sry i was in class and me n a friend looked them up on the internet and we posted them. sry we were in a hurry, but it works

GO COUGARS!!!!

Just a question. The original thread title is that Rocky Top is the most overrated song. From reading these posts, and knowing the opinions of any college sports fan of anyone but UT, how could it be overrated? No one likes it unless you go to school there which, frankly, is the point. I don't like to hear War Eagle or Georgia on My Mind, or Dynamite really, but I am not supposed to. The point of a fight song is to energize the fans and even the players of its respective school. However, if in the process it angers and annoys everyone else, then so be it. These songs are not Top 40 hits, they are for a selected group of fans. THe arguments in this thread would probably work much better if the title was "Rocky Top--The most annoying fight song ever."

See, it takes true fans  like Shady to realize how much passion there is in UT Fans. We live, breathe, and bleed Orange, and UT football.

825397344[/snapback]

You're one respectable UT football fan. The only ones that I know are everywhere when they win, and unable to find them when they lose. UT has some of the most bandwagon and obnoxious fans that I know of, but I can respect your passion for the Vols.

im sry i was in class and me n a friend looked them up on the internet and we posted them. sry we were in a hurry, but it works

GO COUGARS!!!!

825406602[/snapback]

I'm "sry" you took me seriously. The "wheee" part just makes an obnoxious song more so!

I'm a Tar Heel born

I'm a Tar Heel bred

And when I die

I'm a Tar Heel dead.

So it's Rah, Rah, Car'lina-lina

Rah, Rah, Car'lina-lina

Rah, Rah, Car'lina-lina

Go to H_ll Duke.

Simple, to the point. You know who you're for and you know who you're against. Unlike Rock Top, it's not a song that perpetuates Yankee preconceptions about Southern Rednecks. By the way, Rocky Top was written by a couple transplanted yankees who took up residency in Gatlinburg

Actually, does Rocky Top even qualify as a fight song?  No.  I just got back from the Dickson County-Brentwood game, and at one point during the 2nd quarter, Dickson County had the nerve to play that song.  I'll admit, it's a good song, but it's kinda overrated.  Anybody agree/disagree?  Post comments here.

There couldn't be a better song on earth than Rocky Top. I hate the fact that high school bands butchers it though.

This just in - Steve Spurrier considering coming back to UF so Phat Phil can lose some weight. That's right, Phil has gained over 64 lbs since taking over(stealing) the head coaching job at UT. Phil's losses to UF have caused him not to eat during the weeks leading up to the game and for one or more weeks following the game, depending on if they won or not... maybe if Phat Phil danced the jig to rocky top every time it was played his weight and blood pressure would be lower!!!!!!

You're one respectable UT football fan. The only ones that I know are everywhere when they win, and unable to find them when they lose. UT has some of the most bandwagon and obnoxious fans that I know of, but I can respect your passion for the Vols.

825409510[/snapback]

LSU fans are the worst fans in the SEC.

baseballwizard, I'm a huge Vols fan, but even I must admit that what you just said is true and hilarious.