Oak Ridge vs. Soddy Daisy

boyfromsi

one of the biggest questions of the week is can the young secondary of oak ridge handle the passing attack of soddy daisy. we'll find that answer out on friday night, but if i had to take a guess i would say yes. our defensive back have stepped up huge throughout the year. wiht addition of soph. paul bingham and junior danny paris i believe they become a force to be reckoned with. and if our line can put the pressure weve put on the last two weeks then there is not question. oak ridge rolls into the playoffs.

roll cats roll

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of us have ever said anything that makes up " act like you are the best in the state"  It doesn't matter who's undefeated or not, becuase some of the best teams, national champions- havent been!  the players dont have an attitude, but they do know we will beat soddy.... its just a fact, there is a lot of football left to play... for OR, but not for soddy

825403523[/snapback]

thats exactly what im talkin about!! it's not a fact!! you guys think that you will just be given a W! the way ya'll talk you do think ya'll are the best in the state. by the way, even if soddy loses we still have more than one game of football to play just like oak ridge!

there is no way oak ridge puts up 42 on soddy's defense! no one has put up more than 21 on them all year. don't think it will happen now!

825403925[/snapback]

yes i agree with you b.c. soddy has an awesome D and i think this ball game will be one of the best of the year for them and oak ridge, i cant really say who will win this game but i have my thoughts on Soddy b.c. there D and there great recievers Rickets and Atchley...i think this will be a great game!!!!

Guest Rebelnation

Let me make it easy on you zanderweasel...Oak Ridge will beat Soddy by at least 2 TD's. Ya'll aren't even in the same solar system....

Case in point: who beat you all this year/who did they get beat by last week?

that point is irrelevant as i believe hotsauce stated earlier...if you wanna play that game, then- case in point: soddy daisy just demolished a farragut team that only lost to the mighty oak ridge wildcats by 8 whole points...what does this mean? that none of the games in previous weeks mean anything this friday...

Guest Rebelnation

Ok, here's another one:

Oak Ridge has outscored their opponents 656-116. Soddy has only managed 290 points all year. Your D is more impressive, only allowing 90 points all year. The Farragut game is a rivalry and we all know how that goes. Maybe it's the same for Ooltewah and Soddy...we'll see.

Oak ridge's ability to score, even against their best opponents, will give them the 2 TD win. I'm not a fan, just making observations. OR will be the only team from this area challenge DB and Riverdale. The cats have already shown how tough it is to beat those two teams, with an early loss to DB.

I am with you hotsauce! I haven't said anything bad about Oak Ridge and their players but i am getting sick and tired of listening to them run there mouths on here. Just because yall "think" yall are going to roll over Soddy doesn't mean it is going to happen. Soddy is a football team that is full of pride also and doesn't intend on coming up there and getting whipped. I understand all the tradition and how hard it is to play at the "Ship" but if we want to talk about history my junior year we played with an Oak Ridge team at the "ship" that was ranked in the top 5 (i think but not certain) and gave them one heck of a game. It was back and forth the whole game. Neither defense could stop the other offense and that Soddy team didn't even go to the playoffs that year. So i am not saying that Soddy is for sure going to win, but for yall to come out here and act like Soddy doesn't even have a chance. You have to give Soddy more respect than that. I wouldn't count your chickens before your eggs are hatched! Like i said though good luck to both teams!!!!

I've seen both teams play this year, and Soddy matches up with Oak Ridge well.

Soddy's got a great run defense to counter Gulmire running the ball.

Soddy has one of the best passing attacks in the state, and I personally don't think Oak Ridge's defense can stop it. They struggled against DB's QB, I think they'll struggle here.

I'm not saying who will win, but this has a chance at being a LOT closer than the Ooltewah/Oak Ridge game last week!

im glad to hear from a neutral party that has acutally seen BOTH teams play. rebelnation, have you even seen soddy play? if not then what is your basis for saying that soddy is gonna lose by 2 td's? you ever think oak ridge has scored that many points on teams with defenses that aren't as good as soddy's? hmm imagine that?! give me a break! come friday night about 7:30 those stats and the games from weeks prior don't matter. if they both come to play it's gonna be a great game and i think they will give each other all they want. i just hope my team comes out on top in the end!