Oak Ridge vs. Soddy Daisy

boyfromsi

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soddy has one of the best defense coordinators in the state in Coach Scott Smith which just happened to play at Oak Ridge when he was in high school.  I am sure that he knows tradition and i am sure he will be fired up for this one! 

Parkdog3412 you are correct. Scott Smith is an excellent DC and is one of the best in the state. I am proud of what he has done at Soddy. He will bring a very strong and physical Defence to the ship. I know his linebackers will be tough as nails. I expect very tough and hard fought game. This is a game that either team can win. Good luck to both teams.

A small bit of history.

By the way His number was #23, he played TE and SL. He was also on the 1975 state champion team.

OR 21

SD 20 in OT

Your so right Soddy is a much more talented group. They will probably hand OR their butts as a matter of fact probably wont even be much of a game. CRASH ...Oh heck I just hit my head on the keyboard and woke up and hit the "add reply" button.

That was almost as fun as calling that other little girl names.

Seriously though someone and I dont know who :lol: ...well I do know who but I am not sayin watered down Blakenship Field today.

Edited by Wildmanfan

Well i think i am going to go ahead and make my prediction. I think that if Soddy comes up here to Oak Ridge and plays a great game they have an excellent shot at winning the ball game. I think that it will all hinge on the play of both teams lines and whether or not Orr can get the passing attack going. Which hopefully shouldn't be a problem. I was at the Wildcat, Owl game last Friday and was very impressed with Gulmire. He reminded me of a back that i played against by the name of Patrick Flannigan. Kinda undersized but ran as hard or harder than anybody i have seen this year! Soddy's linebackers will have their hands full this week.

Trojans...32

Wildcats...28

I think that this one will be a close game but being a former trojan and all i have to go with Soddy! Good Luck to both teams!

man some of these oak ridge folks have very large egos!! you guys act like you are the best in the state but you aren't even undefeated. give me a break. i hope the players have that attitude of i can just show up and we will be given the W, cuz if they do soddy may give them the L. i would not get so cocky so soon cuz there is still a lot of football to be played.

825399488[/snapback]

None of us have ever said anything that makes up " act like you are the best in the state" It doesn't matter who's undefeated or not, becuase some of the best teams, national champions- havent been! the players dont have an attitude, but they do know we will beat soddy.... its just a fact, there is a lot of football left to play... for OR, but not for soddy

oak ridge will be ready for a huge game on friday night. we had a great practice today woth more enthusiasm that most of our practices lately. i dont see the cats losing at the ship but i dont want to get ahead of myself. we've gotta keep workin hard and keep our focus and we'll be rollin into the playoffs with three straight home games. oak ridge wears down the big soddy front and eventually takes advantage. hard fought but oak ridge on top by ten.

825401938[/snapback]

I dont know who you are, but you are one of my players, I love you...and good luck!

All that has to be said to get the Wildcats excited is...they win- first 3 rounds at the SHIP....they lose- the play on the road and never see blankenship again... Sounds to me like the wildcats will be extremely fired up and ready to rock and roll. I think they offense will be outstanding and the defense surprise people by shutting down the "Unbelievable" passing attack of the Trojans. Wildcats 42-17

All that has to be said to get the Wildcats excited is...they win- first 3 rounds at the SHIP....they lose-  the play on the road and never see blankenship again...  Sounds to me like the wildcats will be extremely fired up and ready to rock and roll.  I think they offense will be outstanding and the defense surprise people by shutting down the "Unbelievable" passing attack of the Trojans.  Wildcats 42-17

825403547[/snapback]

U WISH!!