Oak Ridge vs. Soddy Daisy

boyfromsi

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did but you have to remember that was way back game three. Does Soddy have the talent of a Furgeson ( spelling ? ) and Willams? Willams only caught three passes all night but two were for TD's So those two kids are truly the real deal. This was also the first year of varsity ball for all of them back there except for gulmire and it is his first year in the secondary. They are all juniors and two of those that played in the DB game have been moved or replaced including Gulmire. One Kid is only 2 int,s from tying the school record and another is second on team taclkes for the year. He would have been third if not for the lose of the other inside linbacker but still a good stat. Speaking of Emanual the other inside linbacker I mentioned we miss you and hope you get well soon.

Edited by Wildmanfan

They did but you have to remember that was way back game three. Does Soddy have the talent of a Furgeson ( spelling ? ) and Willams? Willams only caught three passes all night but two were for TD's So those two kids are truly the real deal.  This was also the first year of varsity ball for all of them back there except for gulmire and it is his first year in the secondary. They are all juniors and two of those that played in the DB game have been moved or replaced including Gulmire. One Kid is only 2 int,s from tying the school record and another is second on team taclkes for the year. He would have been third if not for the lose of the other inside linbacker but still a good stat. Speaking of Emanual the other inside linbacker I mentioned we miss you and hope you get well soon.

825397923[/snapback]

you will get the real deal friday.. orr is a great qb and he has more than just one reciever to throw to.. Rickets and Atchley will be catching passes all night long on those db's

Sorry guys, the only places in question are 2-4.  Oak Ridge won't lose again until they meet Dobyns Bennett again.  :rolleyes:

825396360[/snapback]

Oak Ridge isn't going to lose again to DB, it's going to be just like last year.... DB wins in the regular season, but OR wins in playoffs.... however, this year we are going to win against Riverdale....

Sorry, I just had to set the record straight

you will get the real deal friday.. orr is a great qb and he has more than just one reciever to throw to.. Rickets and Atchley will be catching passes all night long on those db's

I've seen Rickets and Atchley play twice this season and they are excellent receivers. Both are 6-3 and run good routes. Orr will hit them if given time. He must not be given time! :huh:

Soddy is better than Ooltewah but not as consistent in their play which allowed the Owls to beat the Trojans. If Soddy avoids mental mistakes then they certainly can beat Oak Ridge.

If Team Wildcat puts pressure on Orr and does not let the tall receivers get behind the DBs, and the OL can block the talented Soddy LBs then I love Oak Ridge's chances.

I've seen Rickets and Atchley play twice this season and they are excellent receivers. Both are 6-3 and run good routes. Orr will hit them if given time. He must not be given time! :huh:

Soddy is better than Ooltewah but not as consistent in their play which allowed the Owls to beat the Trojans. If Soddy avoids mental mistakes then they certainly can beat Oak Ridge.

If Team Wildcat puts pressure on Orr and does not let the tall receivers get behind the DBs, and the OL can block the talented Soddy LBs then I love Oak Ridge's chances.

825398206[/snapback]

I feel VERY confident in Soddys O-line. They'll hold, which will giv Orr plenty of time to throw. Soddy is due a good game on the ground....could it be against Oak Ridge?

DB has more than one kid who can catch the ball too amigo. There is no way SD matches up to DB.

On another note I would like to see Oak ridge blitz the saftey once in a while and come out in a nickle package when obvious passing downs come up. I would also like to see blitzing out of the nickle package.

What about the way region 2's season has turned out do ya'll think it will be an advantage come playoff time? I am speaking about the last three regular season games of region 2 have been so tough on the teams going to the playoffs. While other regions top teams have had an easy schedule to end their seasons.

In my opnion this has been the best thing that could have happened. The only exception would be if anyone's key playes get hurt. I know the owls lost their hot rod last week. Sounds like he will be ready to go come playoff time though. Oak Ridge was hurt by losing one of our middle linebackers aganist Faragut. I will say though we have had people step up there. I dont think they are as good as Isang but we are deep at most positions and that has not caused a major interuption.

Edited by Wildmanfan

On another note I would like to see Oak ridge blitz the saftey once in a while and come out in a nickle package when obvious passing downs come up. I would also like to see blitzing out of the nickle package. 

825398388[/snapback]

We have blitzed the safety in the past 2 games. Danny Paris (13) got a sack against Farragut. We ran the 3-3-5 against Ooltewah a lot.

I've seen Rickets and Atchley play twice this season and they are excellent receivers. Both are 6-3 and run good routes. Orr will hit them if given time. He must not be given time! :D

825398206[/snapback]

Willie- What two games did you see them play??

Here it is!

1. If Soddy Beats Oak Ridge and Ooltewah Wins then Ooltewah wins the region.

2. If Oak Ridge wins and Ooltewah wins then Oak Ridge wins the region and Ooltewah is second and Soddy is third and Farrugat is fourth.

3. If Oak Ridge wins and Ooltewah losses then Oak Ridge wins the region and Ooltewah, Soddy and Farrugat will all be tied for second, in which case will go like this for second place. First tie breaker is head to head which will not settle anything.  Ooltewah beat Soddy, Soddy beat Farrugat and Farrugat beat Ooltewah.

Secondly, overall record which solves nothing because they will all have the same overall record.  Thirdly, gets interesting here and it goes like this which team has the best record against teams with a winning record- who knows, and that will settle second place.

825396097[/snapback]

no no no you have it all wrong its WHEN SODDY DAISY BEATS oak ridge then soddy will be in the top b.c everyone will have the same record and soddy wil hae it........!!!!!!

no simon, when soddy wins..... and then ooltewah wins(which is most likely) there will be a tie at the top and the first tie-breaker is overall record and that takes oak ridge out with two losses... then it would go to head to head and therefore ooltewah would be on top b/c they beat us in our head to head game!! see you next period davey