Oak Ridge vs. Soddy Daisy

boyfromsi

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no no no you have it all wrong its WHEN SODDY DAISY BEATS oak ridge then soddy will be in the top b.c everyone will have the same record and soddy wil hae it........!!!!!!

825399040[/snapback]

I have it right after the second tie breaker or overall record it does not go back to

head to head. You must go to the third tie breaker which is who has the best record against teams with at least a 500 record. In which case Soddy will probably win out because They beat Red Bank, Rhea County and If Hixson Beats

Brainerd thet will give them three wins. Ooltewah beat Red Bank, East Ridge and

Central but Central has a losing record which gives Ooltewah only two wins. Both

teams beat the same number of opponents within their region so that will not

count.

I have it right after the second tie breaker or overall record it does not go back to

head to head.  You must go to the third tie breaker which is who has the best record against teams with at least a 500 record.  In which case Soddy will probably win out because They beat Red Bank, Rhea County and If Hixson Beats

Brainerd thet will give them three wins.  Ooltewah beat Red Bank, East Ridge and

Central but Central has a losing record which gives Ooltewah only two wins.  Both

teams beat the same number of opponents within their region so that will not

count.

825399401[/snapback]

No, I still believe you have it wrong BECAUSE:

The first tie breaker is HEAD-to-HEAD which does nothing in the 3-way tie.

So then, the team with the most overall wins is ranked higher. Well in this case that drops Oak Ridge to number 3, but Ooltewah and Soddy are still tied at 9-1.

Now, please refer to 'General Regulations, II: "B. If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others."'

I interpret that as to say, "After Oak Ridge is eliminated from the top spot, you go back to head to head."

Of course this means nothing if Oak Ridge wins. Which I'm hoping Soddy beats them. And if Ooltewah loses, it means nothing as well...which I'm hoping does not happen.

man some of these oak ridge folks have very large egos!! you guys act like you are the best in the state but you aren't even undefeated. give me a break. i hope the players have that attitude of i can just show up and we will be given the W, cuz if they do soddy may give them the L. i would not get so cocky so soon cuz there is still a lot of football to be played.

man some of these oak ridge folks have very large egos!! you guys act like you are the best in the state but you aren't even undefeated. give me a break. i hope the players have that attitude of i can just show up and we will be given the W, cuz if they do soddy may give them the L. i would not get so cocky so soon cuz there is still a lot of football to be played.

825399488[/snapback]

VERY well said....

I don't know of an Oak Ridge team that just shows up expecting anything...my experience is that they show up ready to earn an win and play hard to achieve it...they are again a real good team, certainly one of the best in the state and you all may be, too (I just haven't seen you all play)...they played an outstanding game against us (D-:huh: this year, as always...the Wildcats will be ready, they will most certainly be ready.

Good luck and good health to both teams

Roll Tribe Roll