Campbell Co. at Karns

ccDL92

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got some observations to add, not trying to rain on anyones parade, but...

According to the Kingsport Times-News, Karns and Campbell County have qualified for the playoffs...positioning will be determined by the results of this weeks games...we could have three teams with 4-3 records and the way I understand things, that would eliminate the Patriots...

Even with CC's normal starting QB or your first discussed back-up - it would not have made a difference in the outcome against the Indians, sorry...might have scored, but don't even start to go near the thought of a sophmore qb making a difference last night...

Karns has two 300+ pound offensive linemen and the other starters on the offensive front are big...they line up with no splits and power the ball straight at you...nothing flashy at the point of attack, but Elder can flash into the open field and has some wheels...

#6 needs to have his mouth washed out...way too much profanity and whining...

Roll Tribe Roll

I've got some observations to add, not trying to rain on anyones parade, but...

. . . Even with CC's normal starting QB or your first discussed back-up - it would not have made a difference in the outcome against the Indians, sorry...might have scored, but don't even start to go near the thought of a sophmore qb making a difference last night...

Karns has two 300+ pound offensive linemen and the other starters on the offensive front are big...they line up with no splits and power the ball straight at you...nothing flashy at the point of attack, but Elder can flash into the open field and has some wheels...

#6 needs to have his mouth washed out...way too much profanity and whining...

Roll Tribe Roll

825397110[/snapback]

I don't think Eric Ainge at QB would have made a difference. The Tribe was as fired up as any team I ever seen come to the Campbell Co. stadium. I don't know if it was the hoopla surrounding the media darling Cougars or the fact that DB is on a mission. They certainly had the athletic talents, but throw in some strong emotion and they are unbeatable in East Tennessee, at least.

But while you are lecturing us on the behavior of a Cougar player, what about the DB fans. It was obvious that the Cougars were outmatched, but the DB student section led by a wanna-be Tonto with a feather up his *** was leading some pretty tasteless cheers late in the game. Their attitude almost had me converted to turning against Region 1 and pulling for anybody but DB. However, when I had an opportunity to talk to some DB players on the field after the game, they showed what a class they are. I hope they go all of the way.

How about the sign about Ferguson riding your alls Johnson? pretty crude to be facing women and children...so the lecture stays...#6 had a potty mouth and didn't do much on the field either, at least not according to your own fans...

I have and will continue to give respect to our opponents before and after the contests, and I wish the Cougars good luck against the Beavers (somebody help your P.A. guy get the nicknames correct)...but the sign and the profanity were and still are in poor taste.

What was the student section saying or doing? To generalize "what about the D-B fans" in referring to behavior is a bit of an overstatement, huh? Let us know about the problem you had and we'll attempt to do something about it.

Something good is obviously happening in Campbell County and I wish you success in it continuing and growing.

Roll Tribe Roll

These are two pretty good teams or they won't be in the position they are in, playing for playoff position...has the makings for a real good game. Whichever team does what they want - run the ball - best, certainly has an advantage, but it may come down to which team can throw and create the big play...both defenses are physical...special teams advantage to Karns because of Elder, but he'll have to touch the ball to create that advantage...home field advantage also helps Karns...who wants it the most and can channel the emotions toward executing the game plan?

Roll Tribe Roll

It should be the usual down and dirty match up that always happens at Campbell County and Karns. These two teams have a history of not liking each other that goes back to a basketball game about 18 years or so ago and it may go back farther than that. It should be a good game as both teams are on an upswing. If the COugars don't make in big changes and let Larry get the reps in practice at QB this week they should be fine. He threw some passes that would have been easy completions against any team besides D-B.