Best 3 point shooter

vandyfan

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Best shooters in the State:

Joseph Bailey, Pickett Co... best in the State, when you take into consideration his ability to get his shot off vs. athletes... Dropped 4 threes and 17 points off the bench against Richard Hendrix' Top 15 ranked Alabama Lasers...

Noel Smith, Cheatham Co... best pure shooter in the State. When open, the kid does not miss, even up to 27 feet. Hit 10 threes in an AAU game...

Corey Pfleiger, Dickson Co... streaky, but when on, none may be better than this gunslinger...

Well said Gomab. Have watched Noel Smith and Cory Pfleiger play several times. Both are very accurate and have considerable range. What seperates the two IMO (and many others like them) is the type of shot that they take. Noel shoots more of a glorified set shot. He gets the ball off quickly but his release point is much lower. If he is closely guarded he can be limited in his shooting opportunities. Noel works extremely hard to get open to compensate for this but if he plays college ball he will find good athletes tightly guarding him every night. I think his production was off somewhat during tournaments last year when teams are well scouted and his shooting ability is known. Plfleiger, in contrast, shoots a true jump shot and can get his shot off when guarded closely. He reminds me of Harpeth's Josh Goodwin, now at Belmont. Pleiger's range is uncanny for a high school player. Both are amazing in their accuracy.

There are way too many good shooters out there to say who is "the" best in the state. I will go out on a limb though and say if we measure someones heart and desire, Noel Smith is the best in the state. Maybe a subject for another thread.

3 Best shooters in the State:

Joseph Bailey, Pickett Co... best in the State, when you take into consideration his ability to get his shot off vs. athletes... Dropped 4 threes and 17 points off the bench against Richard Hendrix' Top 15 ranked Alabama Lasers...

Noel Smith, Cheatham Co... best pure shooter in the State. When open, the kid does not miss, even up to 27 feet. Hit 10 threes in an AAU game...

Corey Pfleiger, Dickson Co... streaky, but when on, none may be better than this gunslinger...

825401019[/snapback]

How could anyone, especially me, forget about Corey Pfleiger from Dickson County. I played with him this summer in AAU for the TN Dreams and if he was open he would shoot, no matter where he was on our side of the court. He has enough range to shoot from very deep in NBA. I shoot threes often during a high school game and my AAU coach wouldn't let me shoot threes at all. On the other hand,Corey is allowed to shoot from 5 to 10 ft. beyond the three point line in a game, even farther in practice. He would also shoot turn-around threes from 5 to 10 ft out with a guy on his back. I have also played against Noel Smith 3 or 4 times and he is a pure shooter. He won't miss if he gets to shoot but with good D hes not able to get as many shots off. Cheatham sets so many screens for him to get open so he will get alot of 3's on the stats this year. Bcats15 can back me up on all of this.