Central VS Powell

CentralBobcats101

1st of all and most importantly, I want to extend prayers to the Watts family. Also realize that the Halls, Powell and Ftn City communites are very close. When something like this happens, it may effect a lot of people in those areas. Cody is the 1st cousin of CHS player Kenny Cruze. It really puts football into perspective.

As far as the game is concerned, this will be a hard hitting, in your face game. I think Central can beat the Powell D to the corners. Zach is going to have to be patient and stay in the pocket and hit his recievers on time. If we can do these, we should be able to score.

On D for the Cats, we'll have to be disciplined on the corners to keep Watts from running and play good individual coverage on the recievers. The linemen will have to out quick the huge Powell line on both sides of the ball.

I think this will be close, but Central will win a close one by 3.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you all think the intensity will be this year compared to last year?

Last year was senior nite and if they didn't win it was a 50-50% chacne of going to the playoffs. and if they would have won they would have had home field advantage by finishing 2nd.

this year it is either 2nd or 3rd. play at home or travel. either way they have a good chacne of winning the 1st round game.

I think last year's team may have been more hyped up than this year, but who knows i may be wrong.

Go Powell

ps. still prayin for you cody.

To this thread, I was very sorry to hear about the Watts family. I also wish to extend my prayers to the Watts family and the community as a whole. It does put football into perspective.

I must agree with a Coach who I respect for his view

"We've talked to the kids and they know football isn't the most important thing in life," Stephens said. "You have a spiritual life, family and then they can determine where football falls after that."

Powell Head Coach Stephens, In the Knox News Paper.

This should be a good game with major play-off implications. Prior to the last week I would have picked Central hands down. Now with the emotion of a community tragedy and a solid beating Central took last week I think Powell has the advantage save for one item. Central is very tough at Dan Y. Boring Stadium.

Good luck to both teams.

Coach Stevens certainly has his priorities in order. I bet it is tough for any coach who has a member of his team lose a loved one. He put it just the way it is and i hope the kids realize it. football won't last forever, but the love for god and family will.

Like some1 said early in the thread, i hope he pulls a Brett Favre type game after he lost his dad.

Coach Stevens certainly has his priorities in order. I bet it is tough for any coach who has a member of his team lose a loved one.  He put it just the way it is and i hope the kids realize it. football won't last forever, but the love for god and family will.

Like some1 said early in the thread, i hope he pulls a Brett Favre type game after he lost his dad.

825406107[/snapback]

INDEED!

Great game tonight closer than the score indicated. 34-10 with central winning. I believe, Cody did a great job no matter what the score, He had the courage too go out there and do what he thought he should, he played a great game. I never thought Cody was that great of a player but too see him go out there and play after losing his father was good too see, after i lost my father i wouldnt do anything, just glad too see he can do it. Cody i will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Guest Rebelnation
WELL I THINK THAT CENTRAL IS GOING TO GIVE POWELL A WHIPPIN BECAUSE WHAT HAPPEND AGAISNT MARYVILLE THEY ARE GOING TO PRACTICE SO HARD TO BECOME A HARDER TEAM SO THEY CAN BEAT MARYVILLE IN THE PLAYOFFS SO POWELL GET READY FOR THE BOBCATS

CENTRAL:48

POWELL:28

825397730[/snapback]

Still typin in all caps...are you tryin to SCARE everyone away boobcat?

well the first thing i want to say is hats off to Zach Helton, David Gaston, and the kid who had the best game, Mr. Scott. Terrance absolutely destroyed Powell's secondary catching two screen passes and turning them into huge gains. Powell capped off an emotionally draining week by coming out flat in the second half. The important thing Powell is they are still playing football. The Panthers will make a tough travel to Clevland next week and they will have to play much better if they want to advance to the second round. I may be wrong but im pretty sure that if Powell is able to come away with the win they will travel back to Blount County and give Maryvile a game. All the Rebel nation will tell u that Powell gave them the toughest game they have had all year so it should be a tough game. Anyway good luck to the Bobcats, Devils, and Rebels unless they come up against the Panthers. Lets bring that state championship trophy back to region 3-4a

what a gutsy performance by Cody Watts. You could look at the young man in warmups and tell he was struggling. He is a talented kid. At the end, when Central had pulled away, the week finally got to him. My thoughts will continue to go with that family.

I have never seen a more emotional Bobcat team. They were overjoyed to win that game. It was huge to come back from the week before were not much went right. Zach did a great job of staying in the pocket and throwing the ball instead of scrambling. The O line played their best game. The D backs, Sean and Terence were outstanding. The whole defense played with a lot of heart. This was a big boost going into the playoffs.

Seniors--thanks for everything. Words cannot express our feelings for you guys.

robpride---great to meet you!!

what a gutsy performance by Cody Watts.  You could look at the young man in warmups and tell he was struggling.  He is a talented kid.  At the end, when Central had pulled away, the week finally got to him.  My thoughts will continue to go with that family.

I have never seen a more emotional Bobcat team.  They were overjoyed to win that game.  It was huge to come back from the week before were not much went right.  Zach did a great job of staying in the pocket and throwing the ball instead of scrambling.  The O line played their best game.  The D backs, Sean and Terence were outstanding.  The whole defense played with a lot of heart.  This was a big boost going into the playoffs.

Seniors--thanks for everything.  Words cannot express our feelings for you guys.

robpride---great to meet you!!

825408162[/snapback]

medman - you didn't shake hands with robpride, did you? If so, you might want to get a penicillin shot. :angry:

Central bounced back in a big way. Well done.

I am glad that despite all of the talk, both teams handled themselves with class. If i'm not mistaken, there was only one personal foul penalty all night. That was great to see.