Central VS Powell

CentralBobcats101

yea ur right Central fan Central won that game last year. Let's think back to the actual game. Let's see its 21-0 at half except that 6'6 TE u guys have went up over our 5'7 safety and makes a play...whats that kids name again...oh yea Lee Smith and he's wearing a Panthers jersey this year, interesting. Across the front line Our Left tackle has stepped up big time or left guard is a force to be reckoned with. Our Center is a 3 year starter on the line Bruhin is our right guard and our right tackle started every game last year. Smith has been an unbelieveable weapon in the passing game for us. Watts is playing ions ahead of where Cole Patrick was last year. Brandon Thrower is one of the best WR's in the region (taking nothing away from Scott as im pretty sure he has the best numbers) Tyler Williams is a Senior leader in the WR group. The D line is just as impressive as the O-line returning every starter except i think we plug that afore mentioned tall kid into the lineup somewhere and all three LB's return including that Huber kid who is making over 10 tackles a game. The secondary is young but more talented then people realize. Powell is better in my opinion at every postition this year and Central lost two guys who were All-region last year who now wear the orange and black. Plus Shane Scott a SR transfer from Central probably would have gotten a look for some playing time if he was still in Fountain City. Like i said it will be a barnburner but im taking PAL in a hardfought region matchup.

825398975[/snapback]

West had one of the weaker o-lines and d-lines in the region. They gave Powell trouble. John Bruin didn't play much that game. Is he 100%?

Prayers to the Watts family.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is most schools have quailty coaching staffs.  Maryville has an idea situation.  I feel that Helton. Shepard, Cummings, Stephens, etc... would have similar success given the almost perfect conditions that exist at Maryville.

I also wonder would the Coaching Staff be able to beat Maryville with Centrals team, Halls, Powell, West,  Carter, etc... 

825401079[/snapback]

Those guys will never have the opportunity to coach in that ideal situation at Maryville because there are better candidates in line in front of them. The best coaches are picked to lead the best programs. Maryville was on top when Hammontree left and Quarles came in. He was the best man for the job. They've stayed on top. Once the guys you are talking about get to the top, they'll be offered jobs in "ideal" situations like Maryville. But they'll never get that chance as long as GQ is around.

ps - I think Powell will win this one. Having seen both play, I just think that Powell has a better team this season.

Edited by papa chaos

Central is going to want to make Smith and HUber wish they never left, they have a lot to play for. Also I believe the Panthers will be out to prove themselves. Evidently Huber and Smith had a serious problem with the way everything was handled at Central and are very happy wearing a Powell[/url] Uniform.

OK, once again I think some things need to be cleared up. First of all Lee Smith was a very popular and well liked young man at Central among the students players and coaches, he would probably tell anyone that he didnt want to leave Central, in fact he loved the school and wanted to stay, but his Dad chose to return to his home school and coach at Powell. I might add Coach Smith was also very well liked among CHS players.

The circumstances for the other player in question were VERY different, the decision was made to transfer and things seem to have worked out for that player. In the Bobcat system he was played in a position that was unacceptable to the family. Regardless of what is posted on this site Central people are not full of sour grapes because they supposedly lost a great player. He is a good athlete that did'nt flourish in the Central scheme.

To the Watts family this Bobcat fan says GOD BLESS and all true Central fans prayers are with you.

RebelRon you seemed to be confused in more ways than one.  This is the Central Powell thread.    If you want to talk Maryville Football go tho one of those threads. With the rest of the sheep! Baaaaaaaaaa

Central in a squeaker.  31-29

825402530[/snapback]

How weak....how utterly weeeeeak!!! :lol:

Papa, you're right below. Powell actually gave us a scare...

ps - I think Powell will win this one. Having seen both play, I just think that Powell has a better team this season.

Edited by dmoyers1

West had one of the weaker o-lines and d-lines in the region.  They gave Powell trouble.  John Bruin didn't play much that game.  Is he 100%?

Prayers to the Watts family.

825402907[/snapback]

Jonh got hurt in the West game but he is fine now and if i recall on the first play from scrimmage the o line for powell blew open a huge hole for huffaker who took it to the house and then on the next drive i beleive huffaker scored on another long run and had 2 tds and 100 yards in the first quarter....so i think the O-line for powell did fine that game.

It's kinda hard to do some trash talking about this game considering the difficulties that Cody and his family are going through right now. I wish the Watts family the best and am deeply sorry for the loss that they are experiencing right now.

I think "PigSkinRules" summed it up best as to why both kids left. Regardless of all the stuff that gets said on Coach T, I still love both those guys and wish them the best.

To all those people that talk about Huber, I've got a question......are you ripping him because he left CHS and tried to better his situation?? Or are you ripping him because of his father??? Or are you ripping him because he left CHS...period??? I don't know all of the inside info, so I would appreciate some insight.

Other than that, I think this should be a good, close game all the way to the final whistle. Both teams have too much at stake with this game. I hope my beloved cats can win this one and give us the home-field advantage the following week in the play-offs. It will be interesting to see how they rebound after the butt-kicking they got last week against Maryville.

Fballmaster1:

What do you and heartbreaker mean by taking off their helmets? Do you mean during the game right after a play or during a water break? I saw one kid run out there after a timeout and without his helmet and he put it on when they were ready to play.( i didnt think anything about it ) I guess that all the division I coaches don't have any discipline over their players either because i see outstanding athletes take their helmets off for different reasons.

your never out with only 2 strikes.

Guest Rebelnation

If Central wants to talk about lack of composure and lack of discipline, ask them about the Maryville game. They got 21 hung on them early and fell apart. Folks from Central shouldn't be preaching about discipline....

3ball:

Obviously you have never played football and don't know much about the discipline of the game. When a player takes his helmet off between plays there is not much discipline. Oh well you believe what you want too this is an opinionated ran website. Also I see that you didn't have much too say about your mistake on the playoff game. Another thing is I know that your not out with two strikes I was just waiting on you to make a third one because you made two in one post. I am not quite sure were you are from but obviously it is not Powell because if you are than you would remember how Coach Duncan ran his teams :D

fballmaster1

You are correct that i did not play football but i know alot about the game. I do remeber how he ran his team. Thats all he did was run. I am from Powell and I go to all the games when i can. I was vague on the game 3yrs ago wheni was a student and watched it. I am sorry that i forgot about some of the game over the 3yrs. thumb

I just can't see how Duncan's boys were more disciplined than Coach Stevens. I look out there and i see a group of guys playing hard and winning games. I don't frown on them for taking their helmet off. And you never know the times you saw them take off their helmets, there might have been something in it. :D

The only discipline problems they sometimes have is in their defensive coverages.

3ball let the so called football master talk all he wants about the golden duncan era

coach stephens is a class act and great coach

i can remember all of duncans era and we had as many or more pfs

the thing with duncan was do as i say.not as i do!!!!

besides........this game is being played in the stephens era.........

and one that has started well i might add!

fbmaster 3ball has spent more hours in sports than you can imagine......

he was a two sport athlete and a good one........

Central is going to want to make Smith and HUber wish they never left, they have a lot to play for. Also I believe the Panthers will be out to prove themselves. Evidently Huber and Smith had a serious problem with the way everything was handled at Central and are very happy wearing a Powell[/url] Uniform.

OK, once again I think some things need to be cleared up. First of all Lee Smith was a very popular and well liked young man at Central among the students players and coaches, he would probably tell anyone that he didnt want to leave Central, in fact he loved the school and wanted to stay, but his Dad chose to return to his home school and coach at Powell. I might add Coach Smith was also very well liked among CHS players.

The circumstances for the other player in question were VERY different, the decision was made to transfer and things seem to have worked out for that player. In the Bobcat system he was played in a position that was unacceptable to the family. Regardless of what is posted on this site Central people are not full of sour grapes because they supposedly lost a great player. He is a good athlete that did'nt flourish in the Central scheme.

To the Watts family this Bobcat fan says GOD BLESS and all true Central fans prayers are with you.

825403412[/snapback]

Agree with most of what you have said PigSkin and must add: I don't blame any kid for leaving Central. Not taking any cheap shots but I saw what looked like 50 dressed players on Centrals sideline but I think they played less than 20 of them in a rout. Why stay with a program that only playes a few kids at 4A. I give the nod to Powell in this game because Powell will be physical and kids like the Coach Heltons boy should not be on the field every play. Helton is a good HS QB but should not be a DB and if he was not coaches son he would only go one way, in my opinion. Maryville had Central wore out by half time and I think Powell will do the same. Powell by 10