• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA 23

Brentwood Academy 15

Final

Another nail-biter tonight.

In a nutshell, BA dominated the first quarter, highlighted by a 50-yard TD pass, and had 2:1 advantages in total yards and TOP after 24 minutes, but trailed 10-7 at the half.

MBA added a couple of FGs and an Andy Snyder TD to go up 23-7 early in the fourth. Then, BA made it interesting, putting together a long TD drive and two-point conversion to make it 23-15 with about 5:00 to go. BA holds, and then sustains a long drive, aided by two fourth-down conversions. The Eagles get to about the MBA 15 and throw four incompletions (including spike) to turn the ball over on downs with about 0:15 to go.

Very evenly matched teams, as expected. BA racked up about 120 on the ground and 115 through the air. MBA put up around 110 rushing and 90 passing.

The playoffs will be interesting. MUS gets a slight nod, but it's really a toss-up.

Nice win by McCallie tonight over Niceville (FL) - way to represent the league and the state.

Edited by rollredroll

I was privileged enough to watch the fourth quarter. What a heartbreaker! Congrats to MBA on the win -- they once again came out on the superior end of a BA-MBA epic.

My Eagles played like champions late in the game, though. Kudos to Tyler Griffin and Bill Kottas for hooking up twice on key fourth downs that kept the final drive alive -- it was as gutsy a performance as I've seen.

Hopefully the past years' trend will be reversed, and BA will win the rematch!

Rollred, thanks for the recap. I'm glad the game was more evenly matched than the 23-7 fourth quarter score indicated...I just wish BA had rammed it in from the 8 yard line...so close, yet so far away.

I respect MBA more than any other school apart from BA, and wish them luck in the playoffs. I'd love to see a sequel!

Edited by WesVols